Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Club Card

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by hawkcg, Feb 26, 2009.

1. I am planning to get a club card in cali and just was wondering some things. I talked to a guy that worked there about making an appointment, he said that it was $150 whether i get a card or not and that i need to bring documentation about my "problems". I can get PLENTY of documentation that says I've had injuries but none that say i have chronic pain from them or that they are causing me problems. (I've ruptured my spleen 2ce and injured my knee)--my spleen is pretty much 1 big lump of scar tissue

I know i am bad luck.

But anyway I don't feel like hassling with this and was wondering if just bringing down the injury documentation was sufficient enough to get the card

I hear these stories of just walking in and the doctor tells you what to say, but to me these are just stories and for all i know could just be urban legends... anyway Thanks for the help

2. sigh, i am sorry for the double post... i posted it once and didnt show up for 5 min so i assumed that i didnt press post GG internets

3. The documentation should be enough to show the doctor that you actually have an illness. You'll just have to do a good job at explaining to him or her exactly how MMJ helps you.

4. #4 merlon, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    the doctor i went to didnt even look at my medical history(at least not in front of me)... i just told her whats wrong with me. and gave her a copy of my current prescriptions(bring them in if you can)...and its $99 in SF at green relief to get a reccomondation. $90 if you bring in an ad or something...

and your going to have to pay the doctor for seeing you whether or not they think mmj will help you...doctors time isnt free buddy.

if its not in your history that you have chronic pain, then i would not even bother trying to get my rec yet. go in asap to your current physician and tell them its causing chronic pain get a prescription for pain, get it on your record, then bring that in. otherwise you taking a chance at losing a $100. but if you do have a recoerd showing your on medication currently for pain of any sort, youll most likley get your rec.

its really hard to give you a diffinitive answer though. every doctor is different.

edit:
    i just noticed my posts counter say 407...they used to be more, is anybody else noticing this???? at least i have another shot of doing the 420th post up right...this time

5. dude go to hollywood doc420.com its 105 total just chill and goooooo!!!!!! good luck and see you at the shops!!

6. recently i had my wisdom teeth removed was put on vicodin. i hate the stuff, my body reacts badly to it. would i be able to just explain that i do not like chemical pain relievers?

recent thought also, i do have chronic migraines on record... that should suffice, yeah?

7. The money in your pocket should suffice. Getting your recommendation in California is a joke. I've never heard of anyone getting denied by the pot docs.

8. it's so easy to get a recommendation in california, don't get worked up over nothing. trust me you'll get it.

9. thanks for the responses and support guys, ill make an appointment soon