closet

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Riley aok, Sep 14, 2006.

1. i have a closet grow space of 1.5 feet wide 6 feet long and over 6 feet high.

i ordered a 250 watt light, should be here soon. currently have 4 4foot florous, plan on switching it out. my question is would it be alright(would it help) if i fliped my floru upside down and put pots on light ( with bowl under pot so no water leaks) to get light under plant and have my 250 watt above. would that be sufficent lighting for five plants? im too attached to throw any away lol.

thanks alot

2. what about mounting the lights on the back wall, horizontaly. That might be a little less prone to having thing drop on the bulbs. and the plant would be getting alot of light. just depends how much space between the wall and the plant.

3. Never put anything on the bulbs, there is mercury in them that could kill your plants or hurt you. You dont want hot bulbs getting any water on them either. I would take monsterpat's advice and put them on the wall for added light to the sides. If they are in a really waterproof ballast thats rated for outdoors and wet conditions you could put them in between the pots on the floor.

4. id hook the flouros to the walls around the girls, mine arent 4 feet long, but they are adjustable to get to the underside of the leaves to get max potential growth. putting things on the floor of a setup can easily get messy i drop stuff all the time when im workin.

pics would be marvalous tho to give people a better idea about what you have goin

good luck!:smoking: