Closet ventilation

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by packedup, Dec 10, 2016.

1. I live in an apartment and my plan was to put a tent inside the closet thats in my living room. I have two 600 watt Led Mars Hydro lights. I under estimated on how much heat that is built up in the closet, even with the door open. With the door open and a flap open on the tent, it stays at 80. I could get that lower by adding an intake fan, which I'm most likely going to. Im just trying to think of a way to keep the temps running normal for when i need to shut the door, like when people come over, maintenance people, ect. With the door shut it jumps up in the 90's. Thats at floor level, probably raises as you move higher.

My first thought was putting a portable AC either in the closet or in the tent, depending how big it is. But i know those portable ones need to be vented too. If it fits inside the tent could it be vented outside the tent just into the closet?

Second thought:
    Im pretty handy so i was thinking about cutting a hole in the ceiling and venting the hot air into the floor above me. How effective do you think this will be? Im not sure if theres insulation between the floors or not, I'm guessing theres not with the amount of sound we can hear from the floor above. If theres not any insulation in the floor, how effective will it be to vent it there? I guess my main concern would be that the air just builds up in that bay in the floor like it would build up in the closet with no where to escape.
    Or do you think the air would cool off faster up there?

Maybe both?

Im just trying to think of every option before i shut this plan down and hold off until i move in to my own house. What are my options, has anyone done this before with good results?

2. Dont vent thru ur building, that'll just expose everyone to the stank of your product and raise suspicions of grow-op cuz once it gets inside the walls it'll permeate thru the whole structure, if temps are too high increase fan speeds?

3. I have a filter so it won't stink but i decided not to do that because it will probably trap moisture up there and cause problems later on

4. It still stinks bro

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I'm sure that there will be some that gets out of the tent but i was under the impression that with most of the smell would be masked with a fan and a good filter? Or is it because I'm venting inside instead of out of the house?

6. after its filtered it doesn't smell , that's the whole idea of using a carbon filter
    here is a useful link to get some learning from
    Tutorial: How to Grow Cannabis Indoors! | Grow Weed Easy