Closet Set-Up Suggestions

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by StickyIckySteve, Feb 10, 2011.

1. I'm one week into growing and it's going well.

My grow space is about 2ft by 2ft and 5 foot high so i have a decent amount of room for one big plant.

SET UP
    I did some studyin' and what i did was saran wrap the floor (carpet) mainly just so no shit stains my carpet.
    I put foil on one side of the wall so it would add some extra light or reflection.

My other three sides of the wall contain 2 white painted walls and one white sheet to close it off from the rest of my closet.

I have a normal 60w Fluorescent bulb hanging about 5in. above the plant.

For soil i used miracle grow potting mix and i have my plant in a 5in diameter clear plastic pot to start out on which is sitting in a 12in clear plastic pot.

I have holes poked through the small pot and i put about 2in of water in the big one so the water would go through the holes and retrieve to the soil. Keeping it somewhat moist but not too much water.

HOW IT IS WORKING
    I planted it exactly a week ago today and it is about 4 inches tall with 4 leaves...I made a mistake at first putting the light about 2 feet above the plant. This made the plant have a longer stem which explains why it is tall. I moved the light closer so the plant would be shorter and able to support itself.

I dont water it on a regular basis but i always make sure the soil is moist. I use these little fertilizer sticks that soak into the soil. But not all the time. Ill only put little pieces in every now and then.

................................................................................................................................

Other than that there's not much else to do. I was just letting you know how my set up is if your trying to grow in a small space.

If you have any suggestions that will help me out it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    StickyIckySteve