Closet questions for 1st Hydro Grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by fireatwill, Nov 25, 2007.

1. I have a closet with the following dimensions, 5'W X 2'D X 8'H. I am planning on splitting this room into 2 sections, one 3'H for veg and a 5'H section for flowering. I will be lighting the veg section with 6 40W Cool White Fluorescents and the flowering section with a 400W HPS. I want to grow these plants hydroponically, but I have a few questions...

1) What method would you use, considering the size of the room? I have considered drip, ebb and flow, and DWC, but I'm not sure which would suit this room best.

2) I am planning on venting this closet with a bathroom fan up to the attic for exhaust, as well as a vent that will connect to the main bedroom for intake. Do you think this will supply enough air flow?

I am hoping that I can use this setup for a small perpetual harvest setup. I have seen larger closets split in this way, but I have had a hard time finding a setup of this size that I can base my grow room off of.

Any advice you all can give will be greatly appreciated.

FireAtWill

2. well in your flower chamber i would build a top or bottom shelf that is bigger. u can keep young plants seedlings in the small section and then the bigger vegging plants in the bigger top section.

3. You may consider Ebb and Flow for flowering, being that it doesn't require a large bucket as DWC does, which will save space. :)

4. How about vegging? Any suggestions?

5. i wouldn't suggest changing grow mediums/techniques between vegging and flowering.