Closet Lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by -==Illusions==-, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Hey I was thinking of doing a very small 1-2 plant closet grow. i was think of a 250 hps but could a grow just as well with a smaller light.

And when/if i start to grow is it too hard o the plants if i use the hps on them when there young??, or would it be an idea to puchase a couple of fluoro''s to start them off with.

Edit: i just read one of the sticky threads and got some help from there but i would still like to here what the growers do.

2. What up illusion? Having a good day?

Anyways man, hps is not going to harm your seedlings in any way. The only downside to hps from mh or fluros is the node spacing. Hps are known to strecth seedlings and mess up their spacing.

But on the other hand if you tried to grow all mh you'd have looser buds with less weight on them.

I would say spend a few bucks on some cfls and maybee a couple 4 footers. And start thoose seedlings out underneath them. You can probally snag up a reflector and the bulbs for under 15 or 16 bucks. DEFINATELY under 20 for sure.

Well I hope this helps. Say, what kinda 250 are you getting and what's your floor space like? I'm assuming with 2 plants you're going to scrog right?

3. Another thing to think about with any kind of HID bulb in an enclosed space is the heat it generates. Although compact fluoros are nowhere near as bright, you can let the plants get closer to them without burning or needing major ventilation. Downside is slower growth/yield, of course.

Good luck!