closet growing?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by NightLife, Oct 22, 2003.

1. im thinking of starting to grow (need to do some reading still) and the best bet i would have is my closet which is 5ft wide by 7ft high. im not sure if this is big enough, and how many plants could i grow in that space?

what kind of wattage lights would i need?

type of lights? fluros, HPS, etc...

i have a fan its nothing special bought it for $5 at a garage sale, would that be enough air circulation?

do i need to make a grow box, or can i just put some pots in my closet?

my closet has a bar used for hanging cloths so i can suspend the lights from there and use a table to put the plants on, is this a good idea?

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

2. how deep is the closet?

3. im confused when someone asks that... its 7ft i guess but i really don't understand what you mean, sorry.

4. ......

Attached Files:

• wdh.jpg
      wdh.jpg
      File size:
      11.1 KB
      Views:
  5. i can fit 16 plants in my little 3x3 foot closet, I use a 250 watt HPS light and it all works great. Having that table might help depending on how far down you can hang the light. Distance from the plants will depend on wattage, also if some plants grow smaller then others u may want to put the smaller ones up on the table or something to get more light. Growing is easy, just get some soil, a light (one that works good for growing -floros, HPS or MH) and some pots, i use small 1.5 Qt. pots and usually grow my plants from 1 foot - 3 1/2 feet, 3 1/2 feet is kinda big though for such small pots. Get a couple gallon jugs and fill them with water, leave the cap off and let them sit out for at couple days to let the chlorine and what not evaporate out. Once the plants start getting bigger you may need to buy fertilizer (if your using a store bought soil dont fertilize until at least the 3 week)

6. sorry about that lol kind of had a stupid moment. its 3 1/2 ft deep 7ft high, and 5ft wide.

i don't want to grow many plants (not my first time anyway) im thinking of growing 3, so i can really focus on just those.

what kind of wattage light would i need?

how far away should the light be?

R.O.C bud do you have any air circulation?

i'll beable to get some digi pics up and show you the grow location, camera being ordered today! (plus i need to clean the closet lol...

7. first off, 1 plant per sq. foot PERIOD. You will need prolly a 400 watt light, go to the local electrical supply and you should be able to get one for 125 new. Yes air is very important both for co2 exchange, oxygen, and stem power!!!! If you want 3 plants, start 6 or seven seeds and 3 should be female. Miricle grow soil is a great starter for beginners, germ seeds in a paper towel in a warm, dark area, then i like to go to 2 liter bottles with the tops chopped as this allows alot of room fro root devolopment then weed out the males and transplant the girls to a 5 gall bucket or grow bag.

8. A 100 or 150 watt HPS or MH would be good i think. Keep it at leats 8 inches away.
    No i dont have any circulation. i did have a fan in there but it died out so now every couple of days when i water them i just leave the door open for a day. It doesn't really get hot though so not a problem.

9. for a closet that size, you could put anything from a 400w to 1000w HPS if you can vent it. could fit 15 - 18 plant in there. might as well grow as many as you can/:)

10. thanks guys and for buying the lights i take it a plant shop will have it? (its a growers shop)

HJ if the first grow goes good i'll start growing in bulk, this first run is for me and my good friend:)

what do i do with the males? throw them away?

11. One light should work fine for all stages.
    Chop the males up and throw em away, or u can make hash from the leaves.