Closet Grow The 1st

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by maximuz, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Well its 3 days now. giving small amounts of water every 2nd day or so, checking the soil moister and watering if dry. all plants are getting about 3 mists each in the morning and evening of 1/4 dose 20-20-20, the PC fans are doing great the stems seem strong every thing is good, small damager to 1 leaf on the biggests one. wasnt watching my cats when i had the door open. tomorrow is open window day for freash air. the girls seem to have be growing at a good rate since last update. heres the pics.

looking good? seems so to me

Attached Files:

2. #22 maximuz, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    quick update since its 1:30am. thing but growth to report. all got 500ml of 1/2 dose 20-20-20 3 days ago. just gonna keep doing what i am seems to be working. all are branching at the nodes and turning into bushes. the first one is real nice. has a 6 point leaf on there when the oppisite has 5. any way stoned off some purp kush and rambling heres in the pics.

right now my lighting is 24/0 is it safe to switch it to 18/6 or just leave it alone for a few weeks when i go 12/12?

Attached Files:

3. I laughed when I saw your spider man fan setup.

It's ghetto no doubt, but it's hard to imagine another setup working better!

4. im learning now i should of filled the pots close to the top.next time i will use more.

Attached Files:

5. been a few days. i readied the closet for the 12/12 switch, dont think any light is getting in. just took these 3 pics, all 3 plants seem to have there own looks and personality.

the dark pic is the closet total covered from night , the light in the room is off the grow lights are on. cant see much leaking in or out.

Attached Files:

6. Your plants look very CFLish. Light to dark faded green and big and spiny like. Great job too.

7. so just a quick question to check on something..
    whats you lighting[bulb] setup you have now?
    im just using 2x 6500k bulbs and seem to be working fine atm

8. 3x softwhite(26w)
    3x daylight cfls(26w)
    2x cool white(30w)

total of 216 watts.

when i switch 12/12 im gonna change all the cfls to 2700k and get daylight floro tubes.give me lots of light in the flowering spectrum and just a little bit of veg specrtum light for balence it a bit. im doing it next week :)

9. what are your plans for flowering etc?

10. what is that aluminum foil looking material in the bakground. i would really like to set up my closet with that. it looks great.

11. the stuff about switch ing my lights up for 12/12 is my plan for flowering. im gonna get some blooming nuits of coarse, im thinking about transplanting but the closet is already a few inches too small for the pots i got now.

i have no idea what it is. its like insulated maylar or something. its silver on one side and have like a thin layer of foam on the other. a buddy of mine brought it over when i told him i was gonna grow a plant. he though it would be good.

i just put about 6L each of clean water throu all 3 plants . ph tested the runoff seems to bout 6.5 or so. i dont think my test kit is very accurate. i really should go buy a ph pen.also tied one down undergrowth is very light green from no light, should be fixed now. see how she takes it the next couple of days.

12. you wouldnt necessarily have to transplant..
    i have all my plants growing in half 2L bottles and are doing pretty well
    you pots are huge so you would just have to put more soil on the bottom really

13. thats what i was thinking bout not really sure the best way to do it is. leaf points on one of the plants are starting to curl up, nuit burn?

14. heres some new pics for u to look at. i tied one over at 2 spots the last couple of days the undergrowth seemed to like it a bit better.

Attached Files:

15. Maximuz, what will you be using for odor control?

Nice looking plants, btw!

16. nothing right now,lol

just smoked some white rhino its yummy shit. anyway im gonna look into it if it becomes a problem, cigerettes and weed are smoked alot in my apt so not really worrie may invest in one of those iocic air filtures or something.

17. Man you're growing some serious bush monsters.

18. FLOWER TIME! OK vegged for 40 days today is second day of flowering.looking like might be all fem's couple more days will probly know for sure. heres some pics i just took.

Attached Files:

19. You really should clean up the bottom of those plants, make some clones with them.

That way you can even see who is male or female by forcing flowering.