Closet Grow Op

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mark Emery, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Hey guys I am planning a closet grow op to be made in the early new year.

I will be using a Grow Tent inside the small closet. Budget is 600-800 INC Tax/Shipping to Toronto

First time growing cannabis but not first time with hydroponics or indoor growing
    I am looking to grow 3-4 plants, looking for larger yields(please say numbers) and high thc % <%19

What I have decided to get is:

1.7 ft x 3 ft x 5 ft Grow Tent <<Max Size
    4x 5 Gallon bubbleponic kit

What is left on my list:
    Lighting: Led or 400 Watt kit with cooling
    Odour control/ ventilation
    Fertilizer/ph control:I want the best I can afford and the best period please do not cut cheap
    Ph reader: Cheapest or most accurate for cheap
    Thermometer:Digital or normal dosnt matter
    Hydrometer:Digital or normal dosnt matter
    Strain: I really want high yield but I can be okay with an easier grow. I really like neat strains, deep colours and whites.
    Seeds:Feminized, Auto or normal?
    Substrate: Rockwoll, clay balls, skip hydro and go dirt

Any thing else you can think of?

Thanks a bunch guys!

Mikebail :bongin:

2. #2 growkings, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
    T.O. cheaper to buy your system of kijiji see systems for cheap bought my 400 w hps kit with digital ballast and cool tube for $100 in mississauga used check it out seen 600w compleate system with tent and ventalation and basically everything except seeds for 400 - 500 no tax lots of systems in the downtown core and out  depending were and how far you can travel or want to

3. There are 2 problems with buying off kijiji, like I could piece it on there just not buy the tent on there since I have such small space,  also transportation is an issue right like I cant have my room mates finding out I grow so I can have that shit coming in while their home. I will take a look on there thought.planing on moving to a bigger room litterally after my first crop, I may upgrade to larger kit and keep that one for clones or mamas,

4. That's a rough go if your room mates can't know dude...make sure you consider all things carefully

5. yes did not know that man thats effy man what would happen if they did find out? Hummmmm :(

6. Well smell isnt a huge deal, hopefully it wont be stronger then a fresh smoke joint with a grow tent :/ Like it snot like they CANT see me brining stuff in they just cant know im Cultivating

7. Even If they find out, its not end of the world, the land lord cant really find out, if they do I am not sure what their reaction would be for growing but hopefully we wont have to worry about that and the tent will make it odour free.

8. To large for what I need, The one I am looking at is 1.5/7ft x 3 x 5 or something like that
    Like I might as well just a larger one or latter I will be looking into upgrading after first crop

The real problem for stealth is my room has the electrical box so if some one needs to fix it i need the shit in the closet and not smelling

9. What plans do you have for odor control?  Comparing the odor of a fresh smoke and the odor of a flowering plant can be like comparing a splash in a puddle to a tidal wave.  When it comes to drying, just think of the smell of fresh cut crass and everyone in the neighborhood mowed the yard on the same day.  Well they are going to be wondering who mowed down the pot field.

I've still gotta put good ventilation, and carbon filter in my grow cabinet.  I'm still having a hard time deciding if I should go with an inline blower or a mixed air flow fan.  Silence and Stealth is a big priority for me as well.  I keep mine right out in the open,  hidden inside an aquarium stand.  I can't have people curiously sniffing the water and asking if I got a generator under there.

10. I do not really understand what you mean, sorry.

11. I plan on using charcoal filter not sure what one or budget...

12. Hydro vs non Hydro, looking for an easy answer just for now, what going to be easier(still have a brain), less time consuming and makes it work the yield

13. Easiest would be soil less maintenance Hydro more maintenance and tender loving care 

14. Im thinking on doing soil >start up and going to be more stable, troubles are is with only 3-5 plants I can not make it worth it with soil :/

15. ya but its about experience first to.  also look into getting  high yielding plants what are you thinking of growing?

16. also you could always switch to hydro anytime

17. Ok so if I am going on soil I will probably get some HQ LED lights, because of heat issue.
    Not really sure if im going auto or fem but its one and clones are no option.
    I was thinking either getting 5 different plants that have around the same grow time and conditions/work together or get like 5 of one strain I really like, problem being is my tolerance will be sooooo high with only one type of bud you know.

Out of the strains I really like my top 5 are
    Master Kush
    Green Crack
    White Rhino
    White Widdow
    Northern Lights

I am also looking for the highest THC% I can get

As far as the hydro thing goes I want to start hydro just because its still easy as I hear and makes growing faster and larger.

ughhhh not sure what to do!

18. yep its frustrating well if ya got the money ya go that way with the led and hydro with grow faster and bigger if i could i would but $$ is an issue lol 

19. ya man that light will be 500 easy for it to be big enough to even yield 2 oz dry ea plant in that closet