Closet grow - CFL, Coco coir, bagseed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by AskEd, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Ha! Hey chicakdee tell your bf he's confusing CO2 with carbon monoxide LOL CO2 is fine, we breathe in a lot all the time since we exhale right under our noses ;)

gr33n_chr0n1c - thanks for the props man. Did I read right, you grew outdoors with coco/perlite? How did it work out? I've seen some monster plants grown in 5gal buckets with coco, I bet it kicks ass outdoors! So far I'm very impressed with this stuff, it has the growth rate of some ebb & flow setups I've used in the past, and the water retention is amazing.

2. thats actually just a lil plan i made for next year... since when im high I come up with these ideas that I can never remember... so Im going to just blog them. hahaha I have a PC case going right now though...

3. Well send a link if you got a journal going and want some company, PC grows are really cool (and tricky) - and they sell for big bucks on eBay - I've seen setups for $600-$700! Man I could trick out an entire closet with that kind of money.

Either way, good to see some Texas folk up in GC, being so close to Mexico it's hard to justify growing when it's so cheap to buy!

4. yeah but the crappy quality is getting to me

Edit: and i dont post my grows here anymore... on a private site though. Maybe i'll see you there one day :p

5. I hear ya man, I got a batch a few weeks back that gave me chest pains. That's when I decided it's time to grow my own supply, and I hope to be self-sustaining in 2010! Too bad the feds can't see this as a way to curb the gangs down there and give us all the OK to grow it for personal use without a doctor note!

6. yeah me and about everyone else will glady stop buying the mexi schwag if we could grow.. LOL

7. you got that right! I've already been taken for $180 this year from some punk who never came through. Could have bought myself a nice grow tent or two.

8. hi there thought id stop bye... looking good.. i love the home made grows there soo cool to watch.. so im in on this one the growth from those cfls are great.. id get them closer though about 2 inches of the top of the plants.. the c02 will only be used up when the temps get over 90.f, will also be good if you get the 7 new shoots like i have.. il be back soon, sticky fingaz....

9. Looking nice! I like the DIY hood, how many watts are you capable of running through there? Home depot has these 64 watt CFLs that would turn that reflector in the sun. Good luck

10. Hey thanks man, the girls love the added lights now, Tracy has perked up quite a bit. I think I've maxed out that hood at 6 27watters, they have a 125 watt equiv bulbs but they're $9 each.

Those 64 watters are 2700k bulbs and throw out 300 watts of light - I have 4 of those babies ready to go when I flip the switch :cool: I have some DIY hoods for them, 2 bulbs per hood. My flower space is roughly 2' x 3', so if 1200 watts of CFL doesn't produce some nice buds then it's off to HPS city I go!

11. #71 AskEd, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009
    Well I hate to do it, but I need branch growth in order to clone, and I need them quickly.

Christy, can you stretch out your neck please...

[​IMG]

For what it's worth, I have a really good feeling about this one, I will be so happy if this turns out female.

* Jump to next update *

12. whe you say day 14, is that from sprout or 14 days after the 2 week seedling stage??? making them 28 days old??

13. Hey sticky! I started the individual day clocks when they each broke ground, so all three plants are roughly 2 weeks old. Linda was the first to surface, and Tracy was like a week later almost.

I'm hoping to have these babies cloned & flipped to 12/12 by day 28.

14. things are looking good for you my friend.

My end is still a little ghetto. I have the fixtures similar to yours but currently I have 4 27w 5000k bulbs on the plant and a fan blowing. Lights on 24/0.

She;s growing very nicely so far.

I;m leaving for thanksgiving to head home. Leaving her in a friends care. She needs water every day because of the fan and i just use distilled water that I've had sitting out for a few days. When I get back I;m going to set up something nice.

15. I'm really amazed at how quickly your ladies have grown. I've been comparing your pics to mine, and my little girl is far behind. They're looking great man. :D

16. yeah ther doing well thats why i asked lol you will see the veg boom into life now i always go by first 2 weeks seedling stage being extra carfull then from then onwards let your hair down a bit so to speek and them do there own thing.... keep it up m8

17. Looking very nice. Can't wait to see these ladies bud out. You're growth is doing really well for soil and the time elapsed really. Still looks healthy and vigorous.

18. Hey thanks black, I have to say in all my grows this is by far the best growth rate I've ever had. I attribute most of that to the soil-looking coco coir (made from coconuts). I been out of the growing game for 15 years or so, so thought I'd jump back in with something different. It's like a super high grade soil with no nutritional value.

I could go on about how wonderful this stuff is, but I'll spare everyone and just say it's fucking awesome! I'm thinking of doing a side-by-side of this mix and a bubble-bucket. If I get some clones to work with it will be a good experiment.

19. Good lookin' ladies you got there Ed. They're all very perky.

20. hey dude got the clones done now cheers for your advice really helped, check out ma thread for the pics etc peace to u my friend:hello: