Closet Grow Box building

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Krokette, Oct 7, 2014.

1. #1 Krokette, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
    Hi,

First of all, I want to say that I'm a total beginner in marijuana growing.  That said, I want to put a homemade grow box in my closet, and that's why I'm here today.  Even if I'm a noob in this kind of activity, I've done a lot of researches on the subject, but I still need help before I do anything.

So, my closet is relatively small (how suprising) and there's only a 1/3 part of it I want to use for a grow box, and this one is a little more than 4sqft (30" long, 20" large).  However, I want 2 plants in this small space because as a first time grower, I want to have a backup if I mess up on a plant.  Also, I only have about 4.6 feet of height for this grow box.  I can have it taller, but that height is what I'd prefer.

For helping you with these numbers, I made a model of it that you'll be able to see at the end of this.

Like I said, I'm a complet beginner and I'd appreciate if you could suggest me improvements, ideas, advices, bring things that wouldn't work, details, etc.  Every (intelligent) comments is welcome.

Before I finish, I have some questions for you guys:

Light:

I wand to use LED grow light.  I saw tons of these, but they all seemed cheap.  However, SOL series, Spectrum King (SK250) and Apollo Horticulture 300w LED grow lights looks good.  I want to have your opinion on these.

Airflow:

In the image I linked below, you can see a intake fan, but not a output fan.  I want to use 2 200mm PC fan with 110CFM and 700RPM.  I don't know if these are overkill for my grow box, but they seemed efficient since they have 110CFM.  However, I don't know where I should place these intake/output fans.  Any suggestions?  That would be much appriciated

Thank you and have a good day!
    Krok'

P.S.: By the way, I want to grow White Widow :D

Attached Files:

• Box.jpg
      Box.jpg
      File size:
      86 KB
      Views: