Closet Grow, Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Mcnukkah, May 22, 2008.

1. I've been growing for awhile and smell has just recently become a problem due to guests, but I grow in an actual walk-in closet which doesn't really allow for me to create an "exhaust" situation other than the air that would normally just flow from beneath the door of the closet. I have seen / read all of the DIY carbon filters and I was wondering if there is any real solution to eliminating / lowering the amount of odor inside a closet grow like this where there isn't really a tubular exhaust option?

Is it feasible to just build the DIY carbon filters that are floating around on forums like these and simply put it in the closet and let it run?

I've also been looking into Uvonair products (Uvonair 3000) to help the situation, but was unable to find any real information on whether or not they help out with the marijuana odor, and if they might hurt the plant / people living in the building from o3.

Thank you for any responses, advice or help Grasscity!

-McNukkah

P.S. -- The setup, as mentioned, is a walk in closet, 4 feet by 5 feet, with 2 plants in it at a time.

2. Are you apartment growing?
    If so, you can always cut holes in the door for your ventilation, and just replace the door when you move out.

3. People actually come into the room that the growing is going on in, so having exhaust vents popping out my door wouldn't do it. I'm starting to think the only option is to build up a box that will go inside the closet and do it that way. It is ok to smell like I've smoked pot, but the constant aura of weed from the plants is what I'm really worried about.

4. Then cab in the closet is probably the way to go.

5. yeah, a box in the closet that has a filter exhaust, or.. punch a hole in the ceiling and install one of those "bathroom fans".. take a small saw and cut the bottom of the door just so it is a little bigger of a gap from floor to door.. that lets more air get sucket into, and out of, your closet with no holes in yer door.