Closest you've ever come to death?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Freakish, Mar 14, 2010.

1. It had just started becoming winter; I was driving my truck onto the highway, and was starting to merge when the back wheels started to fishtail. I tried to control it, but the wheels swung out, and I did a 180 going between two cars, and ending with me on the other side of the road looking at where I had just come from. OUT OF THREE CARS ONE STOPPED TO SEE IF I WAS OKAY. I got out of my truck, walked around it to see if I hit anything, and told the guy thanks, but I'm fine. I caught my breath, and went to work. After that I put a bunch of weight in the bed of my truck.

Anyone have stories?

2. When i was 7 i had extreme stomach pains so i stayed home from school, we had just moved from overseas and didnt have a car yet, so my mom and i had to walk over 3 miles to the military hospital...most painful walk i ever took. Turns out i had a seriously enlarged appendex that was about to burst and had to get immediate surgury. Doctors said if we would have waited just a couple more hours it would have burst and i would have died

Also been shot at twice, which was scary as shit. And pegged in the side of the head with a big rock

3. I woke up at 4-5 in the morning to smell smoke...so i went outside and heard some crazy sound coming from my electrical box so i went next door and called the fire department.
    I pretty much lost everything except for a few things from my room.

If i hadnt woken up i figure i probably would have died from smoke b4 the fire got to me.

4. one time when i was out on an allnighter with my friend painting the train lines, we got to this spot that was really high up, it was a bridge and had a wall next to it with a few tags on it. so i decide to put a tag up, but i had to stand on this railing that was next to it, and lean over with one hand holding the can of paint and the other hand on the wall so i didnt fall down. it was scary as fuck, i was high as hell and leaning over the gap was hard, i could just picture myself falling about 200 metres to a painful death. but i pulled it off okay.

that and nearly getting hit by trains. couple close calls.

5. i was climbin up a big cliff to jump off the top into some water and it was a stright climb up like 30ft up i slipped off the rocks and fell right on my back on the rocks below but there was a big pile of life jackets i landed on so it was kinda padded idk if i was just lucky or if the life jackets saved my life

6. While sparing at my jui jitsu class a guy had me in a rear naked and I wouldn't tap and when I passed out I quit breathing and if my instructed hadn't of known cpr I'd be dead

7. unfortunately, i have no pictures of my '71 oldsmobile. i wish i had taken some before and after i rolled it at about 70mph on a dirt road, into some trees. i went into a corner too fast and lost control about halfway through the turn. it happened late at night out in the middle of nowhere, and by the time i woke up the engine was cold and the sun was just starting to rise.

i do have pictures for this though - on july first of 2009, i was driving my mother's car on a date with my girlfriend. it was just getting too dark to drive without lights and my girlfriend and i were cruising at about 60mph (on a road posted for 55) while listening to zepp II. ramble on was just finishing as i was climbing this hill, still at about 60. we entered a wide turn to the left when i noticed headlights in my lane, maybe the distance of 3 or 4 telephone poles away. by this time, the song moby dick is playing. it seemed like time slowed down, i remember thinking "oh well maybe its just some rednecks drunk playing chicken" (its happened before) and that if that's the case, i should let them return to their lane instead of moving over to it myself. driving to the shoulder was a no-go, the ditch was really just a ledge that dropped maybe 10 feet to a field. i completely surveyed my options before acting, let me tell you, and it all happened in less than 15 seconds or so. i waited until there was less than the distance between a pair telephone poles between me and the other car, at which point i said to myself "fuck it, he isn't going back to his lane, i gotta get over there". i grabbed the steering wheel and yanked it to the left, at just the right moment to avoid the other car hitting my girlfriend's door and potentially hurting her. we spun around in the car, and i remember looking at the backseat and wondering at the space were the door was. we came to rest in the ditch on the left side of the road, uphill luckily. i jumped out ready to kick some drunken ass, but to my surprise it was a pregnant woman stumbling from the old minivan that hit us. it turned out that she was noddin' on oc's, she was arrested for possession and driving to endanger, among other things. oh yeah, there were two little kids with her in the van. well here's the pics:

the night of the accident -

[​IMG]

the next day at the towing company's yard -

[​IMG]

the van that hit us -

[​IMG]

where it happened (that tan thing in the bushes is the door card for the door that got disconnected, all the firefighters did was sweep the pieces of the cars into the ditch. there's still large pieces of both cars out there) -

[​IMG]

8. I was born dead and died another 2 times after that but I got rescusitated after each time so its all good.. not too exciting cos I cant remember it

9. oh yeah another time, i was driving this car that i stole from one of my mums friends. she left the keys at my house so i went joyriding in it with a friend. we were speeding around the place just fuckin around having a good time, then we got to this street that had some bins on the side of the road so i drove right through them. knocked them over and then went to the park to do a few doughnuts and burn outs. after that i let my friend have a drive and it was raining, so he was speeding and he came to a sharp left hand turn and was going too fast. the car slipped on the wet road and we went up a gutter and nearly smashed into a wall.

the car was pretty fucked it got a flat tyre and i had to drive it home.

10. yeah i could tell quite a few stories here but i'll leave it with those two. especially with my stoned ramblings.

11. Im not sure how old i was... definitly young.. (7 to 9ish) me and my family were at the beach and we had an inner tube. Well... when it just stays on the water for a long period of time, it somehow sticks to the water, well it somehow floated over me while i was underwater. I couldn't get to the surface but finally i broke the water-tube bond and caught my breath. It was pretty close.

I have others... but i dont want to ramble on like the other posters.. (jp)

12. #12 megamax42, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2010

Agreed, too many stories to even remember.
    2 of the closest were motorcycle accidents.
    Both the exact same thing, I'm going down the right lane and intend to go straight across the intersection, theres a line of people in the left trying to turn, This bitch coming the opposite direction is trying to turn left which means going in front of me, and she doesnt roll up to look she just goes for it. Sees me. Stops completely in my lane when i'm about 15ft away from her and i'm going about 30 mph when she stops in my lane. I hit her and flip over her hood and land on my head, but i was wearing my helmet :hello:. Bitch tried to pin it on me at first, then the cops realised she was full of shit when she starts to accuse me of not yielding to her? Probably wouldve never happened if she hadnt stopped for no fucking reason.

The other one wasnt as bad, just clipped my front wheel and burnt the fuck out of my leg, but if i was 1-2 ft. further down the road I would probably be dead.

Thanks to bitches not yielding and insurance i got to ride a bike for two years for free, other than a few scars.

13. Damn there's some scary ass stories on here! I sorta came close to death once.

Closest i've ever been to dying would have to be 5th grade. I was on a camping trip with my elementary school class, and me and my friends were doing a kayaking race. We started off and my friend, being a moron 10 year old, slammed into my kayak and caused me to flip over. I ended up getting caught under the kayak and held under for like 2 minutes, finally I managed to free my legs and get to the surface.The lifeguard's did CPR on me, and told me I came pretty close to drowning.

Not really as intense as some of the other stories, but its pretty much the closest i've ever come to dying.:smoking:

14. Just remembered another one. Around when I was in 6 grade I was sleeping over at a friends place and we were playing fuzzy bunny. One of the big marshmallows got stuck in my throat, but I managed to swallow it.

15. I haven't really came close to dieing but I used to walk home from school everyday along a busy highway and I always used to think how crazy it was that if I took two steps to the left I'd be dead.

16. #16 The Green Toker, Mar 14, 2010
    mE AND MY COUSIN WAS RIDING THE 4 WHEELER, STONED AND BORED. FUCKING CAPS!!! We were driving on my 4 wheeler at like 11pm, flashing the lights right on peoples asses. This 4 wheeler likes to overheat. Well, were flashing this dude and he stops, then i turn around and dip, 5 seconds later were behind the same truck. He stops and my 4 wheeler dies, so the lights went out, I heard pow powpowpowpowpow the 4 wheeler started up and we took off dippin without lights because i didn't want to get shot. This dude is following us on the road until i took off through the middle of a field. He stopped in the middle of the road and then left.

Crazy ass night, we had just got done smoking too. Getting shot at is a Buzzkill!!

Edit-

Did you even think once, what if the driver looked down for 2 seconds, id be dead :devious:.

17. When i was about 7 at the local pools we used to swim down underneath this platform then come up on the other side, the first time i gathered the balls to do it i came up on the other side only to hit my head on this huge bit of rubber kids used to float on. i was already out of air and almost drowned.

18. I got pushed out of an airplane.

19. - getting hit by a car from behind
    - had a firework repeater explode in my hand
    - being chased by guys in cars, they got out and chased us with bats and clubs

thats bout it... aha

20. #20 bikermonkey, Mar 14, 2010
    Two close brushes with mr death. One about eight years ago on I75 back from lexington a passing car on the left cut me off almost hitting my front bumper, instinct has me swerve towards the left lane and my mirror was taken off my car by an on coming car's mirror in that lane wiith no ights on. He managed to head on another car a few miles closer to lexington killing everyone.

The other was while diving in Keys,,pulling a big jewfish out from under a rock, and he spun me around breaking off my air hose at 100ft down. It was a long trip back to the surface and about ten feet from the surface I knew I would not make it. I got a fresh set up and went back down, got my 57lbs jewfish, and ate his ass that night.