Close to harvest top colas have dead/brown leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Bridger, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Hi I have White Label Purple Haze it's on day 79 since lights were switched but I'm getting a lot of dead leafs in my top colas I'm growing in 5 gal smart pots with super soil 1000w hps is this normal or do I have some problems? image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Took some better pic hope this helps ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414886667.326073.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414886698.392270.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414886716.342043.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414886732.759097.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414886748.292385.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414886759.958683.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414886771.775899.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414886781.691917.jpg

3. Either lack of nitrogen or there ready to chop, sure look tasty!!! Enjoy!!

4. Thanks for the reply... I was thinking it looks close to but I'm not finding very many amber tricomes

5. It's looking pretty. Leaves will do that when it's close to harvest. Completely natural. Just continue a flush cycle to flush out any extra nutes for when you chop her :)

6. Thanks for the response...do I need to flush I've been running super soil and only giving her plain water besides a couple of doses of molasses?

Absolutely don't change a thing.  Never let a few yellow leaves indicate when you need to harvest.  If you think they need a little longer don't worry about the leaves, it's completely normal to look like that.  In fact that plant looks pretty darn good to me.

8. It does look really good. And as for Amber trichs, I'm no professional grower but Amber trichs are the later development stage for the trichs and I believe has something to do with cbd levels, but I wouldn't quote that. Look for cloudy/amber trichs in my opinion

9. #9 homer simpson, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014

Amber indicates ripeness and OP Bridger already stated he was looking for them.  

If that plant were in my garden I'd wait another few days to a week for all growth to stop before I looked at the trichs again.  It's also perfectly normal for a plant that's @79 days of flowering to have some leaves yellowing no matter the medium.  12 week flowering time is on the high side for most strains nowadays.

@Bridger

Just continue watering as usual, do not even consider for a moment you need to flush.  That term should have disappeared from your grow vocabulary once you planted them in organic super soil.  Looks like a pretty nice recipe, do you have any details or link?  I'd be proud to have those plants in my garden.

10. Thanks again for all the help guys and I'm just running subcools supersoil so far I'm loving the results!