Cloning Success

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Friendlytoker22, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Howdily-doodily Everyone.

So i'm crating a new growth tracking/watering schedule/nute schedule for my clone(gotta make sure it, but i have this little problem i'm running into. I think its most likely a simple answer, but i just have no clue on this one. 

So to start, my clone is roughly 4 inches tall. When i took my cutting, it was cut at 4 inches, removing the two most bottom nodes, leaving one node with sun leaf attached just under where the new growth will be. (hope that visually makes sense in your head like it does mine.) So anyways, i've got it rejuvenated, and looking really healthy, and this is where the problem starts. In order to make an accurate chart, i need to know(more precisely than roughly) what time would have had to pass to get a seedling from seed to this point. I'm guessing like 3 weeks tops, but that has so many variables to it that could say otherwise.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    Stay toasty

2. #3 GoldGrower, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
    A 4 inch healthy and fast growing plant from seed would take about 7-10 days, so pretty much the same as a clone to get a descent root system. I you don't save time by cloning but you can flower straight away, and all your clones will be uniform, all the same sex, and practically free to make

3. If i'm going by the time frame you've given me, than ill veg it a bit longer. I'm currently playing science in my grow room, testing different methods and what not. This was simply my first successful clone and i haven't come across much info pertaining to my question, so thank you on that note.

As to answer why... well that very much depends on the why.

Why am i cloning? because i never have before and wanted to see what it was all about, plus experience gain.
    Why is it 4 inches? cause that's just how cuttings do sometimes.
    Why do i care to know the time? For a better understanding of plants, so that i can care for them properly and because i thirst for knowledge and betterment in what i enjoy doing.