Cloning ?s

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Kuntrybumpkin, Aug 22, 2012.

1. I have never tried to grow clones before and i recently bought some rockwool to try it out. I watched some videos this morning but i still have some questions. Do you HAVE to have a greenhouse over them or would just putting them in the rockwool and keeping them out of direct sunlight work? And when i transplant them into a pot, do i put it in with the rockwool or take it out? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions but im as uneducated as you can get on this topic. And sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum.

2. [quote name='"Kuntrybumpkin"']I have never tried to grow clones before and i recently bought some rockwool to try it out. I watched some videos this morning but i still have some questions. Do you HAVE to have a greenhouse over them or would just putting them in the rockwool and keeping them out of direct sunlight work? And when i transplant them into a pot, do i put it in with the rockwool or take it out? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions but im as uneducated as you can get on this topic. And sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum.[/quote]

I have always used a clone dome. If u can't use those I have seen people cut 2L bottles and put those on top. U want to get the humidity high in the early part of rooting.

3. i have a lil greenhouse for germinating but its not tall enough and im afraid it will cause mold from the condensation. how long are you supposed to keep the greenhouse lid on it?

4. [quote name='"Kuntrybumpkin"']

i have a lil greenhouse for germinating but its not tall enough and im afraid it will cause mold from the condensation. how long are you supposed to keep the greenhouse lid on it?[/quote]

I do it for about a week.

5. so i went and checked it tonight and gently pulled up on it and i could tell it was harder to lift up. good signs right?