Cloning questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by eliteobsession, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Okay so I'm curious how much light is to little for clones. I've got them in under a dome in a nursery tray with a 1000wat hid beside them I'll post a picture. I've place a piece of drywall wrapped in panda between the clones and the plants/light but I fear now they may get to little light. But without the drywal I fear its to much ahh help!! LolAlso I use olivias rooting gel on my cuts, I also just bought some super thrive solution. Is using both bad ? I add the super thrive to the water and use the gel on the cuts at the base of my cut and insert them into rockwool. Any feed back is greatly apreciated. 1387335289534.jpg Sent from my BNTV400 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. With cloning root yea you are correct that that need little to no light to root but I believe its in watt meaning you can root a coulle climes with just a 13 watt cfl or even a 24 watt cfl from 10 feet away. But what you are doing is blocking the photons to even reach your plant...photons like to move in strain lines and depending on the intensity bounce of object. But from the looks of you picture not a lot of light is making it to your plant...it is being shadowed and light isn't gonna go around the wall and because of the Panda film most of it is just bouncing off going in the other direction...I would consider buying a small cfl and light socket and hang it above your dome.

3. What if I was to maybe place some black mesh over the dome and remove the drywall?Sent from my BNTV400 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I don't know...ive heard that clones can root with little light but ive never heard of cloneses not rooting under a lot of light...you can try the mesh or even just make your lights higher...they just need light, humidity, and warmth.

5. I think 1k is a lil much on the light and hps is the wrong color for rooting. if i were you i would buy a $20 flourescent fixture for cloning. Its cheap and easy with no worries

Sent from my LGL45C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. That light is MH the HPS is in my flower room. I've cloned with these lights before just in a different layout. But I've just ran out of space in this room. What about the rooting solution..? Any thoughtsSent from my BNTV400 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I've had great luck using Clonex as they say to on the bottle for a solution.

8. Do you use only the solution or the gel too ?Sent from my BNTV400 using Grasscity Forum mobile app