Cloning Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by carmona1112, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Good morning city.

I just noticed pistils on my plant in the last 36 hours or so. (which has made me incredibly happy because its only my first grow and i'm only growing 1 plant.) Since I am only growing 1 right now I was wondering if I can take a clipping from it to clone without harming the plant or possibly decreasing the yield. I haven't noticed pistils on the lower branches but most have shown preflowers. Lights have been on 12/12 for about 1 1/2 weeks. Anybody know if this is okay? Thanks for any input.

2. Well it may or may not work. Generally, the later you go into flowering, the harder it is to get viable clones. Of course it will hurt your yield as you'll be getting rid of budsites. Another option you have is to revegetate the plant after you harvest then take clones. A quick search should get you the specifics.

3. I've taken clones 7 weeks into flower and had them root. They do take longer to root, but when they root they sometimes will make plants with several main stems. (I've had up to 7)
    If you take your clones from the bottom of the plant, these are sites that will be lower grade buds anyway. If it were me, I would take 4-6 cuttings from the bottom of the plant and reveg to let plant grow for a couple more weeks. The amount of bud lost from the cuttings will be insignificant compared to the amount gained from the clones.

4. Thanks for the info guys. I think I will go ahead and take a few clippings from the bottom and see how they turn out. Thanks again.