cloning problems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by eileen, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Can someone please help me? I dipped the cutting in root stimulator and put it in a rapid rooter, watered them and put them under a 200 watt cfl. The are pretty droopy, how much do I water them? Are they supposed to stay pretty wet? How far away from the light should they be? Am I doing it right? Wrong? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. The clones need to stay moist, but not "wet". Too much water will cause them to rot instead of root. Some people swear by using a humidity dome or plastic cover, others say its not necessary. The light doesn't need to be real close, you basically want them to stay warm. With a CFL, 12" should be fine. Check out some of the cloning threads on this forum, there is lots of good info.

3. How long ago did you take the clones? Within the first 24 hours, it is normal for clones to get droopy.

Are you using a humidity dome? Some Rapid Rooters come with them and some don't. If yours didn't, you will need to mist the plants (foliar feeding) until they develop roots.

Good luck.

4. Thank you so much for the info! I did look at the cloning threads on the forum and did get some great info. I put them in a humidity dome and kept the temp. at 80 degrees and within 12 hours they perked right up! Thanks again.:wave: