Cloning issues with diy cloner

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by dizzyDnutz, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Having some issues cloning in my cloner. Cant seem to get anything cloned. Tried no gel, alone vera clipping, and even the clone powders and gels. I have done this all with success and very little failure in the past often. Pretty much could call it a 100success rate like always. Now I am getting 0 percent. I have tried in a room at room temp 66-70. And also at temps in my basement of 60-63.

So, Pump went out. I needed to upgrade. Got a new one and had to adjust the fitting so I went all new PVC instead of keeping old. Same stuff just different adapter to my pump was needed so i added that piece and then added new PVC.(new pvc piece added was just an adapter to go to the smaller insert on the pump than previous pump)

Definitely could use some help. Thank you in advance

2. Pics so I can have a better understanding of your situation

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I forgot to upload pics. For now I can explain until I get pics up. Black lid, 10 site cloning top on a black 3.5 gallon bucket. Inside is a sun leaves brand submersible pump connected to 1/2inch pvc. It forms just a straight piece in it and has 3 sprinklers in it. They are 360 degree rotation sprinklers that I have liked better than the jet sprayers you can get for the ez cloners. Pretty much about it for the setup. No light used for this and i have not ever used a humidity dome. I change water every 5-7 days and I check for roots about every 3 days. It has been 2 weeks now with no signs of rooting. Temp was at 63 when I left today. Could be a little too cold for them. I am going to retry as I dont wanna lose what I got. Maybe I'll try a few in soil too.

4. You didn't mention anything about sanitation. Has that been factored out?

5. No, definitely not. I wash my hands and use gloves while doing so. I sanitize my utensil used with alcohol. Maybe I just need to get new utensils and try again

6. New utensils will not get you a higher success rate if you are already sanitizing your pruners. Don’t trick your mind. Lets find the actual problem

7. Update here is a couple pics 1651261623909.jpg 1651261685863.jpg 1651261720829.jpg

8. What's a good effective way to clean everything, peroxide or bleach water? And what is dwell (soak,run times)