Cloning in 12/12 light, will this work?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Howl3r, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Okay, here's the story.

I'm a college kid, and I was growing a few plants in my closet. Winter break comes along and I have to go back home for a month and leave my plants in the care of my neighbor (believe me if it were legal I would have taken them with me). I gave her a detailed list of instructions as to how to take care of my little babies.
    No more than a week after I'm gone, unbeknown to me, our land lord went in everyone's apartment and, if no one was home, turned off their water pipes. Not only did he turn off my water, he unplugged my lamp which I had JUST switch to 12/12. And to ad insult to injury, he locked my fucking door which in turn did not allow my kind neighbor to enter and fix all the wrongs he did that day.
    Now, here's the amazing part IMO: After almost a month of no light and no water, my plants were alive when I came home. Now, I'm no marijuana expert, but that is fucking amazing. It should be in a journal somewhere. This alone proves how hardy this plant can be! And thank god for that.
    Even though I was relieved to see my hard work still alive, I lost an entire month of flowering.

The problem: I'm on a very tight growing schedule and, until my landlord messed everything up, I was hoping to grow and harvest another batch before I left during mid-May. From my understanding the "blueberry mist" plant isn't the fastest grower and still needs at least 2 to 6 more weeks of flowering before harvest.

The question: I only have one growing lamp, and very limited space. Is it possible to allow clones to vegetate in 12/12 light? Or would that mess them up? If the little clones were to flower in that kind of light, could they revert back to vegetative state?

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Except "buy another lamp".

2. That's an amazing event actually, 1 whole month? Sounds weird, but hey!

Nature is - awesome - .

Anywhoo, growing the clones from 12/12 will be as you had a seed grown up from 12/12. Or almost, it would be a bit further than the seed.

However, you can't do this with autoflowering strains, since if you pick the clones from an autoflowering mother, the clone will flower at the same time, which I don't think is beneficial. But if its a regular growing strain, there should be no problem.

But when the main plant(s?) is finished for harvesting, I guess you do have a place to dry it in? So the clones can be in the growing area with the 12/12 cycle, alone?

- C

3. Well I'm fairly certain that this strain isn't autoflowering, since when I bought the seeds there was no mention of it. And I've been treating them as though they weren't anyway. It's been almost 2 weeks since I turned the lights back on and have been feeding and watering them and I can see they're beginning to flower.

I actually have 4 seeds left (3 leftover from the purchase, and 1 from my friends blueberry kush) so I could potentially germinate those. Since I'm on this small time frame though I figure it would be a few days faster to clone then to start from seeds.

When they're ready to be dried I have several places I can dry them.

So you think I can grow these new plants under 12/12 light and they'll be okay? I figure it will only need to be 12/12 for 2 to 3 weeks with the new plants, while the older ones finish up.

Also, once I harvest, I assumed I would switch back to 18/6 to allow the new ones to have the vegetative light. So that would mean these new plants would have about 2-3weeks of 12/12, then a couple more in 18/6 to grow, then the usual 12/12 cycle until they're done blooming.

Does that sound... kosher?

4. [/QUOTE]So you think I can grow these new plants under 12/12 light and they'll be okay? I figure it will only need to be 12/12 for 2 to 3 weeks with the new plants, while the older ones finish up.

Also, once I harvest, I assumed I would switch back to 18/6 to allow the new ones to have the vegetative light. So that would mean these new plants would have about 2-3weeks of 12/12, then a couple more in 18/6 to grow, then the usual 12/12 cycle until they're done blooming.[/QUOTE]
    2-3 weeks of 12/12 and the clones will start budding, and switching back and forth from 12/12 then 18/6 will stress it out and u will probably see very little growth while its switching back and forth....might even hermie from the crazy light schedule...

5. That mixture of light cycles ain't good, man! The plants will think they are going closer to winter time, and start putting energy in budding, but all of the sudden nature decides to switch back to summer time, the plant will not know what to do... Unless your seeds have awesome genes, I wouldn't recommend doing that.

12/12 is awesome from seed to finish, with a limited area to grow in, and a not too eager mind for yields... You can get pretty descent yields with 12/12 from seed.

- C

6. Yeah man, I just found this great thread on 12/12 from seed growing. That's my answer right there. I didn't even realize this was a possibility lol. If I end up doing that I'll do a write up on my yield.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=51760 there's the site