cloning help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Smokedogg, Nov 6, 2002.

1. hey yall
    I wanted to know why my clones whenever i try to root them in rockwool or soil they wilt after the first day??? but in water they are fine but didnt root?

2. i heard (never try it) that u can clone by puting a wet paper towel with some soil in it around the bottom of the branch and after a couple day u will ave some root and youl just ave to cut the brach off and transplant.

did somebody alreeady heard that??

3. no idea? it makes sense but I doubt it would work, if so, why the hell have I been making cuts all this time :)

4. 2 CFL bulbs.. like 35w=250w output or something around there

5. what it means is that 35watts fluorescent= 250 watts incadescent but do not ave a 250 watts outpout

6. "i heard (never try it) that u can clone by puting a wet paper towel with some soil in it around the bottom of the branch and after a couple day u will ave some root and youl just ave to cut the brach off and transplant.

did somebody alreeady heard that??"

its called 'air layering'

i dont know if it works but its sure worth a try. here is the technique if u wanna try. im gonna give it a try.

cut a bit of the lower branch, not a big cut but small wound. maybe a cut about 1/2 way around the outside of the skin. then wrap that whole area with moss ( soil is too dirty and full of disease) and keep it inplace with some twine and plastic.
    keep it moist (dripping wet) until roots start to form. then u cut below the roots and there is ur clone.

u dont want to big of a stem but u dont want too small either...meaning u dont want woody stem but a nice growing shoot is ur best bet.

some thoughts;
    herbacious plants have a better sucess rate with this. weed is an annual an may not 'feel' like doing this. the first roots are called adventitious roots and im not sure if weed grows them but most plants will. there are hormones that can help this process along, tho i dont know what they are but a major hort. university would and ill look into this. root tone would prob been the easiest to get and would help this process along.

7. I wanted to know why my clones whenever i try to root them in rockwool or soil they wilt after the first day??? but in water they are fine but didnt root?

you aren't giving them enough water, duh!
    What type of setup do you have? It sounds like you are using rockwool as just a substitute for dirt, and not giving it enough water per day.

never clone in water unless you are grandma cloning some shitty little plant from a leaf. If you can't get rockwool to work, use perlite to clone in.