Cloning from Main cola....?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by xxGOYOxx, Jul 31, 2010.

1. I'm new to cloning. Currently i have a 3Foot plant right now that i would like to clone, however, my intentions for this plant was to keep it lollipopped, therefore it has one cola. I was wondering if i can cut it in half and plant the top half that i cut into some soil. Is this possible and would my plant die ? would it be successful??

2. Yes you can make a clone, snip it off and put it in water.

Depends what state it is in.

Personally I'd recommend pushin down the main stem, removing some fan leaves, and let new colas grow out from the main stem and use them for the cloning.

3. Its in vegetative, for about 45 days. What do you mean pushin down the main stem??
    Oh and by the way, do i have to put it in water or can i just place it in soil right away ??

4. Yes you can clone that take a top and clone it as you would with most plants. Rooting powder can help make the roots come out quicker.

And when I say "pushing down the stem" I mean using LST (Low Stress Technique) by bending down the stem so that the plant is not standing up straight but is bent over sideways, depending on how thick your stem is this may be difficult on older plants, and easier on younger. I'm attching some images for reference.

The point of doing this is that instead of having one stem with branches, you will get many new stems growing up from the nodes with their own branches etc thus producing more yield and buds. Search "LST" in the search engine and you'll find plenty.

You could supercrop it by gently pinching it to break the inner fibers with your index finger and thumb until it is all soft and bends over on its own then tie it down into that position. This will create a new "bump" at the bending point which will make the part of the plant beyond that point receive more nutritions and water flow than normally and thus better growth and bigger buds.

Attached Files:

5. OH yeah i know about LST'ing Supercropping.....i've done it before, i was just a little confused about " pushing down the stem ",.......thought you meant to like actually push down the entire plant further into the soil.......thanks man...

6. so where the nodes are i pinch down and bend it allowing all the other nodes to become seperate stems?

7. the best way to clone in my opinion, is to
    dry clone dome with rock wool cube
    .soak cubes with 5.5-6.0 ph water with a drop or 2 of superthrive.
    .take cuttings at 45degree and place them in a cup of watter,
    .scrape some thin lines of the skin off the botton stem with a clean razor.
    .dip into your rooting hormones and place in the rock wool
    .line up the dome tray with fresh clones and dome it up
    .get a seeding mat or a heating pad and place it under the dome
    .the temps need to be between 70-80
    .the humidity need to be between 70-80
    .mixed florescent red and blue spectrum
    . Rarely mist your plants it will rot them.
    .open the dome once a day for 15min for fresh air
    .wait 2 weeks and you will have beautiful clones that dont have mold and rot
    .you can now undome and let them get used to the normal air humidity
    .transplant