Cloning flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gunnarig, Sep 21, 2012.

1. hey. i just lollipopped two of my girls wich have been in flower for about 2 weeks. i ended up with a bunch of branches that were perfect clone canditates. how is it gonna affect the rooting if they are alredy flowering? i have allways used vegging plant material to clone and i have plenty already rooted so these will be like the two strongest survive or something. input?

2. It just takes a little longer for them to revert back to veg but they will eventually. Are they already showing pistils? I know the longer into flowering you wait to clone, the longer and more difficult it is for them start shooting out roots. Just treat them as you would with a clone taken from a vegging plant and be patient.

BTW, i just tried the lollipop technique for the first time and i was amazed at how much of a difference it made in the size of these colas.

3. #3 draketimer, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
    nice u got any tips on how to lollipop good? or a link to any guide u mighta used? I highly considering it my next round, I got more then enough ceiling space but im trinking I might Scrogg with lollipop, need to come up with a rllllyy big screen for my room tho lol

is it likely to lose a plant or 2 ur first time lollipopping?

any1 ever tried using tomato gate thingys the circlular planter tower things? with lollipop cud that give proper support?

4. Mine had white hairs popping out, about 3 weeks in flowering and rooted fine, first ever clone i took too!

I forgot about cloning my lady until she was already almost budding, but not i preserved her and she is growing just fine :)

Good lucky, only used fox farms soil and a single 23w cfl

5. #5 JackHerer34, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012

i'm sure there are some good threads on here about how to lollipop. but, it's really simple, don't over think it. I switched my lights to 12/12, let the bud sites develop. by then you can see where buds are going to be forming, and how spaced out your nodes are. Mine is topped, so 2 big main branches. i took the bottom branches from each and snipped as close to the main stalks as possible until i was half way up the stalk. then they just started stacking on the weight. i've got 13-14" colas on each that are fully connected and getting fatter every day. no little popcorn nugs anywhere. and i'm only running a 150hps.. you shouldn't lose any plants in the process unless you really screw something up. like i said this was my first time trying it and i am fully impressed and will definitely stick with this method from now on.

I did have to tie my branches and adjust a few times because of the weight. they got so top heavy that i thought the branch was going to snap. those chicken wire gates for tomato plants are a good idea, i'll have to look into those next time.

***i probably should add though, you might not want to take all of these branches in the same day. take some lower ones, let your plant recover, then take the rest to avoid excessive shock. and wait for your plant to finish it's stretch and show bud sites***

6. good tips, so i wait til flowering cuz otherwise itll just keep wasting veg resources healing itself?