Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Cloning Autos???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ydorke1981, Jun 11, 2019.

1. I've been playing with auto past two grows and more and more I like them. My question is, can you clone autos without hurting them and produce off the clones.....or is the amount of time they have and that's it, cloned or not? Very interested to try this. Looking for advice or experience doing this, thanks everyone in adavnce

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. From Royal Queen Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Can Be Cloned: Myth Or Reality? - RQS Blog
    Their answer yes you can, but it's not worth it.

"The cutting will follow the same genetic timeline as the mother and will continue approaching the flowering stage, regardless of its size and development. In the case of autoflowering strains, this usually results in small and underdeveloped specimens with minimal yields to offer.

It has been reported that some growers claim to have successfully cloned autoflowering varieties. Cloning an autoflowering plant is indeed possible, but the outcome will surely be suboptimal. If a grower attempts this in order to boost yield, instead of for experimental purposes, they will surely be met with disappointment."

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ya I agree, that's what I was thinking, was just hoping to hear it could work and how. Never know without asking. Just because I tried doesn't mean I'm doing it right, learned most of what I know from listening to others and trial and error. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. #4 Kiaran76, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    I've done it with an 'Amnesia Haze xxl'...only one survived though and it was tiny, only got 17gr from it when dried and cured.

5. for get cloning as said above. what about forcing this plant to herm to produce seeds . plant the seeds wonder what you get ? this would be interesting . wonder how hard it be to herm a auto different story its like a plant in veg i guess 1 hour on 1 off repeat through 24 hour stages could do it

6. I topped it and did lst also...don't think that helped much 20180329_170123.jpg

7. Pluck off a ton of branches and foliage during mid flower. I forced a photo fem to herm like this as an experiment. Only ended up with 3 seeds and none popped.

I was told that there is a high chance to produce herm seeds from a herm plant. Not sure if it applies to this situation, because this was a forced herm, not a genetic herm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. not worth the time or money effort to even try. you can get a great auto seed next to nothing

9. hmmm, If you can root a mainlined top, you get the 8 top mainline, plus 7 rooted clones.