Cloning a flowering plant

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by tex4, Dec 2, 2008.

1. I removed the 2 bottom branches from my bubbaliscious (bubble gum) plant in the 4th week of the flower cycle.

I will attempt to root them. Last time I was successful doing this on another plant, but it took a long time to root and re-veg to a mom.

For those of you who have done this, did you keep them clones in 12/12 and finsh out the flowering cycle, or did you re-veg her?

2. I revegged mine, took the cuttings and put them on on 18/6 with the vegging nutes. They took about 3 weeks to root! Grew some very strange leaves during the reveg too. They just gone back into the florwering room and are looking very good, needed lots of pruning though

3. I have them rooting in perlite with weak 1-1-1- gh nutes formula. I made a dome from a half gallon juice bottle. They are sitting in my veg box under 125 watt cfl, mix of blue/red spectrum. I am a passive hydro grower.

4. Are there many advanced growers here on this forum? I am new here so I dont know anyone.

5. I have rooted several clones taken from flowering plants. I soak the fresh cuttings in Dyna-Gro K-L-N for about 1/2 an hour, then apply Olivias cloning gel. I get my best results using Rapid Rooter rooting plugs. I like them because they work with both hydro and soil. They then go into a propagation tray with a 7" dome, and are on a heat matte. I re-hydrate the rooting plugs with the dyna gro solution every 3-4 days using a turkey baster and usually get roots in 7-10 days. I use 2 40w cfl bulbs for lighting and veg 18-6. I don't make it a habit to root cuttings that are flowering, but once in a while it is a neccessity. Normally, I get my cuttings from my mother plants( Train Wreck, Purple Kush, Perma-Frost and a Blueberry/Northern Lights X). Sounds like your doin alright with your method.

chunkdaddyo's Perma-Frost

073.jpg

6. I normally clone from a flowering plant, it's a good way to do it if keeping a mother plant isnt a viable option. As others have mentioned you will get some strange looking growth as the cutting starts to veg again but it can produce some real vigorous new growth and LOTS of new stems.