Clones

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Clinton Kong, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Hello fellow farmer's, it's been a long while! Got a question which im hoping anyone can help with? Im about to put my aeroponic clones into soil. Roots are looking good, just wondered how people transplanted them into the soil? Do you let the roots hang and cover them in soil or fill the pot up 3/4 then put the roots on top then cover them in soil. I'll be transplanting in a few hours so any ideas would be a great help. Thanks in advance [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. @Clinton Kong
    Either - Both. Whatever disturbs the roots the least. I put some dry soil in the cup, Set the plant in as best I can then sprinkle more dry soil in. Thump the cup to settle things and add more soil. Thump again and add again. When done I set the cup in an inch or so of water to wick and also top water. Let wick 20 minutes or so and it's good to go.
    [​IMG]
    Same treatment I use at all transplants. Base wicking and top side with watering can.
    [​IMG]
    Spent much of yesterday knocking out transplants. 3s to 5s and 5 to 8s
    BNW

3. Yours are looking good! Thanks for the info, I'll try not to disturb them too much

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. well, you created a thread for cloning whichnis great cause its the only one i found.lol

i just tryed first cloning. all same as u. but i put the clones in those little pods they sell. dont know what they are made of. anyway i see no roots after 2 weeks. the plants look healthy besides some yellow leaves at bottom. how long should i expect to wait for roots? should i put them in soil now, take out of dome??

5. @Yoda2419
    Depends on temps but 3-4 weeks at this time of year as my cloner is in the cool garage.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eventually they mostly all rooted. Lost around 5% normal enough for me.
    BNW

6. nice, thosr r small. how big do u cut them. i didnt know other than i read somewhere 6 to 8 inches. heres mine and there only 8 days. i need to cut more but 4 of the plants havnt been sexed and i dont want to clone a male. how big should i cut and can u clone an auto? is it worth it?

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    3 inches of stem and a thumbs worth of fan leaf is all that is needed.
    Hot and dry here and I couldn't keep bigger cuts alive long enough.
    [​IMG]
    Lets me pack them in close without touching and no worries about cross contamination if one or more goes moldy.
    Never worked with autos so I'm no help there
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. When I'm working with seeds I just clone everything then flower and toss the matching male cuts. worked out best that way rather then forcing to sex and reverting to veg.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  9. ok, why do u cut the tops off so theres just one leaf there? if i cut a stem off thats 9 inches can i use it as 2 and cut it in half?

10. so what fo YOU do with ur clones? how long veg, any training, hows the yield besides strain dependent?

• Like Like x 1
  11. The lower parts of a branch just have a single fan and I trim them to just enough I can cover with my thumb. The very top I leave intact but trim down to just a small cluster.
    [​IMG]
    This tray is all clones.
    [​IMG]
    Veg shed.
    [​IMG]
    Patio plants. Others dotted around the yard.
    Sothern California so it never freezes and I keep a steady supply of plants vegged up and put out new plants to flower about every 10 weeks.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  12. wow!, ok, so first, ate those t8 flourescents? is that all u have on them? and plants flower outdoors all year there? have u ever flowered indoor? used a flouresvent to do it? so i gotta work on clones tomorrow, ill post some piks. thanks