clones of clones that were in bloom

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by alexlauren, May 25, 2011.

1. So about 4 weeks ago all of my clones died and I no longer had any clones of my favorite strain. In an attempt to save the strain and the genetics of a really awesome plant I took 3 clones of the plant that was in its 4th or 5th week of flowering. 2 of the clones survived and are now really strange looking, they seem to have tricromes on the bottom, and new leaves that grew have like only 1 leaf per branch. I just want to make sure that if I take clones from these plants that they will end up like the original plant.

2. it will take a while, but they should end up fine... the fact that you took them so late is generally not a good idea... but only time will tell for sure

pics and make sure you keep the updates coming...

3. they will take a long time to go back to normal veg and they will most likely be the bushyist plant you've grown they go crazy with branches.

4. I've been taking flowered clones for 3 weeks now, from flowered mothers at 5/6 weeks of flo.
    They all went well, the mothers are back to veg, but still a lot of buds after a month of 18/6 light.
    Clones are getting back to veg more quickly, the first ones are looking very good, but I took the pistils off.

Good luck, it should work if they rooted.

TBITH

5. Ya, I agree...
    Some people take their clones from plants which are 1-2 weeks into flowering and they say it helps the clone root faster...

Another method some use, after they completely flower the plants, they will remove all the buds, and give the plant 24hrs light.. They say the plant will in fact revert back to vegetative state and regrow for another flowering... I never did that, but I have heard it works....

So as Tihspeed, thesage3, TheBudInTheHat says, you should be fine...

Good luck!!