Clones not looking so good

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Davy Jones, Apr 22, 2008.

1. I got a couple clones a few days ago from a buddy, of course he took the best one & gave me the other 3. It was only about 15min to my house, it was just a little chilly, but they were contained pretty good through the trip. The guy had them under a 1000w hps light, & put them under a 400 or 600w hps at night with the mother, its just the way he has been doing it forever, with great results. Mine are still growing, but extremely slow & not looking so good, yellow leaves / brown spots on the leaves / leaves are curling & looking all funky, just generaly look like trash...I want to just say fuck them clones toss'em & go back to seeds, but the weed is so damn good I'll do just about anything to keep these going the best I can.
    Its frustrating because when I asked my buddy what his ph was, he said WTF is ph...I knew right then that I would be able to take those clones & blow his stuff away, even though he has been growing for about 7 years, he just carelessly throws some MG in a pot & tosses in his clone & waters with whatever & whenever, I've shared some of things I have heard & learned here...he just looks at me & shrugs his shoulders turns his head sideways & twitches his eye, he said "its a freakin weed man, if I can do it anybody can, if they made it this far you are good to go"
    Well I was wrong as shit, not only can I not make that grow better, I cant even hardly keep the little guys alive, he's going to be pretty disapointed & will probably not have anymore. I'm about to kill an intire generation.

I have been keeping them under a 400w hps light on 24/7 for the first day ot two just like where they came from. I put one out under the 1000w hps with a plant currently "trying" to bud, it started to look a little better, so lastnight I put one more out under the 1000w, we will see when I get home what that one looks like, the guy cut the clones kinda small, thats the only reason I left them on 24/7 for a few days.
    I was just wondering if moving them has shocked them, or maybe its the different location they dont like. I've tried the best I can to simulate the situation they came from, same lights, same soil, same light schedule, the only difference is my area is just a little warmer.

If anybody has any advice or can help me out I would certainly appreciated it.

2. were the clones rooted already?
    i'd maybe keep them under a cfl or flouro till they look better before hityting them with 1000 watts (just my .02)

i have a friend who's the same way man... he takes clones and stiucks them into shitty soil, no dome, no misting and gets 100% success lol. Anytime i tried that it was quick death.

good luck.

3. Yeah, when he gave them to me they were in those party cups, I mean it looks like he just threw them in there, when I transplanted into bigger pots there were all kinds of leaves he just bent over & barried. I think I'm going to break out the CFL's, after giving it more thought I dont think they are at the point of completely giving up on them. Also after another close inspection, I see some good new growth coming up from the very bottom of the plants, almost looks like they are growing right from the Rockwool cube, could that be good news? I mean could it be that the top of the plant just got a little stumped during the relocation? & his now trying to catch up with new growth?

Thanks...

4. i definately wouldn't give up man.. if it has roots and leaves then try to keep it. There's a monster sour diesel plant in my sig that came from a clone that i almost gave up on myself. I ended up just leaving it under very low lighting and within a couple weeks it took off.

best of luck man!

5. Thanks AW, I appreciate bro.

6. They looked a good bit better when I got home, the strange thing is...the ones out in the 1000w hps light are looking better than the one with the 400w. But then again the ones outside are a bit cooler & getting outside fresh outside air, & a good distance away from the light, the one I left inside is a bit closer to the light (size restriction) & much hotter. Anyway, I left the ones outside on the 1000w alone, they are looking much better with time, I took the one inside off the 400w & lite up a few CFL's for it, I'm going to leave the lights on for a coupld days & see.

I'm wondering if I should do the 5" distance thing for a day to get just a little stretch action going on, its pretty short.