cloner to hydro problems

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by joesmoejrr, Dec 30, 2019.

1. I am having issue with my clones after I move them to my flood and drain bucket system.i use calmag and superthrive in my cloner with great success, but when I move them to my buckets their stems turn purple. It takes them 2 to 3 weeks to recover and start growing. I run jacks 321 at around 50% strength 1st week .
    Any advice would be great thanks.

2. Set the res to 200ppm ph5.7 mate.
    If you ain’t got a ppm pen go get one cos you can’t really guess hydro. It’s not easy anyway.

3. dunno. im guessing you run same ph and temperatures in bnoth systems? no shock?
    how the dissolved oxygen in them?

4. running around 6.0 to 6.3 ph, temps around 70 degrees. the temp from cloner to system is maybe 5 degrees at the most.it a flood and drain so I am not sure oxygen is the problem

5. thanks

6. Once the ppm of the res starts dropping go up by 100ppm.
    Once that starts dropping go up again. Generally should mean roughly a week each time.
    Thats how to keep it in the sweet spot mate. If you keep the ppm dropping just a little from day to day then the ph will behave itself and you shouldnt have to adjust it outwith top ups or res change day :)

7. Oh aye, whats in the buckets mate? 70/30 coco/peri or something similar hopefully? Might be something in the bucket needing cleaned before use. Some coco needs a good wash first, as does most perilite.