"Clone-Only" Semi-Extinct Strains - Self-Pollinate??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jehst, Jun 12, 2006.

1. people say purple haze and some others like pure g-13, etc are extinct and only exist in clone orm. but couldnt you just hermie a plant and then self pollinate to get XX seeds?

2. I don't see any reason why not...

I don't know whether a MJ plant can reproduce with its own genetic material (I know that some naturally hermaphrodite plants are unable to use their own pollen - to avoid the problems of inbreeding), but even if it can't then all you would need is clones from two different original mothers.

3. if you can stress her to herm then collect pollen from it and apply it to a clone thats in early bloom ... this should produce the beans to reproduce tha strain and even give off a few that should be full male

4. to be honest, I think what you're talking about is just a bunch of BS... just myths... there's a ton of G13 crosses available... and all haze have that kind of trippy/speedy high... crossing any haze varity with any purple variety would have similar results...

as for how to hermie plants.. I will get you a link for that... the best way found so far is sex reversing using silver thiosulfate to block out the plant hormone ethylene...

here, http://hg420.com/showthread.php?t=346

5. ya there are g13 CROSSES but no one sells pure. i'm less concerned with haze but ya i know about light stress and the gug. acid trick

6. uh...ok... I don't see the point of the thread then...

7. Why can't someone self polinate these "clone-only" strains and sell seeds so that they're not clone-only anymore?

8. yes that is the question