Clone / LST'ing then transplanting.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hyperstream, Dec 7, 2010.

1. #1 hyperstream, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2010
    Couple of quick questions, when is a decent time (estimated period in weeks please(I understand its different per plant, just looking for some rough idea)) Im 3 weeks into my young ones and im wondering how long should i wait before Topping then cloning the tops.

My plants seem pretty small but bushing out a little bit, i and hear you need some decent length on the stems or what ever you are cutting in order to clone, this could be an issue without a little bit of stretching? or perhaps i just need to wait longer for the plant to develop some limb's that are long enough yeah? (Say 6-8 week mark)

Also, if i was to start LST'ing right now (almost strong enough i believe) when i go to transplant this plant into a larger pot it should be ok to just untie and move then attempt to re-tie it down as close to its old positions right?

If i LST, is there a period of time i should wait - in order to allow the plant to get used to its new position before transplanting ?

A couple of pictures(Two days ago.) of the two im looking to tie down and top as soon as possible:

Coco01 (Top / Side) - 4 Days younger than one below :D
    Coco01-side.JPG

Coco02 (Top / Side)
    Coco02-side.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Yea, I'd give it some more time, if it's at 3 weeks now, 6-8 weeks sounds good.

Absolutely! Just be careful!

If you're gonna re-tie, I'd say don't worry about it!