Clone during Flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by XFactor69, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Good Morning to some...afternoon to others.

I am looking to clone the lower 2 branches on my Chocolope plant...I should have taken them off during flowering but they helped fill out the tall plant. They do not seem to be growing much and I would like to concentrate new growth to the top half of my plant...

Should I do this?
    What is the best method?
    Any guidance in cloning a flowering plant needed...

I have rock wool and cloning gel but I know cloning a flowering plant is a little tougher and takes a bit longer longer...

Thanks for your assitance...my fellow stoners.:smoking:

2. Ohhh and if you are interested I have a Chocolope Grow Journal to follow on my beautiful girl...:D

3. depends how many weeks your into your flowering phase.. if your in first or second week, id say go for it, its just gonna take longer for ur clones to go back to its veg cycle. if you cut lower branches off it will direct vertical growth. i prefer cutting off lower branches that way you only deal with top colas (bigger fuller flowers) instead of little smaller popcorn ones. hoped i helped
    good luck

4. Thanks Alvin..I appreciate your input. They are in their 4th week of flowering but the lower 2 branches have small flowers compared to the other branches...Obviously...

5. yea... its pretty late... if it already has flowers i'd say no... but if your trying to save this strain, id say shoot, wont hurt to try. like i said its just gonna take longer to revert back to veg.

6. Its never to late. I took 6 clones after I harvested the top portion of the plant cuz I really liked the strain. All of them rooted in about 1 week and started to veg 1 week after that.

7. Here is a little proof for you. I used clonex cloning gel, little peat moss things, a dome, and sprayed every other day with ffbb/water mixture.

Attached Files:

8. Absolutely nothing wrong with taking a cutting that has flowers on it. The only thing you want to watch out for is bud rot. If the small flowers on the cutting start to die off it may be a sign it didn't root fast enough.

Clones taken in the first 3 weeks of flowering are much more resilient and better suited for growing roots. But you can take a clone at any time, even during veg. Wouldn't do you a lot of good unless you know it's a female seed though.

9. Thanks for all of the feedback on this thread...I will cut them tonight and see what happens.