Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Clear eyes / Visine

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by I vape that, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First off, happy 420 to everyone. Second off I have a question regarding "clear eyes" and "visine."

I hear that both of these brands are bad to use for your eyes when they get red or itchy. These are said to restrict your blood veins in your eyes, and thus leads to blindness after regular use. Is this true, is it safe to use these brands for your eyes?

All responses are greatly appreciated beforehand.

2. so what's left to use if you can't use those brands?

3. Aren't there other brands like "tears" and stuff?

4. i do not believe over the counter eyedrops lead to blindness, but they can make your eyes dependant on the eyedrops making your eyes look red when they shouldnt. they are safe to use every now and then

5. If OTC eyedrops led to blindness, the FDA would never have approved them. They can make your eyes dependent because your eyes get used to being moisturized by an outside source, similar to how your lips can grow dependent on Chap Stick, but they won't make you blind.

6. And if this happens, the only way to reverse the process is to stop using it. But there is a difference between every day and once a week. If you are only dropping once a week or so, there is very little need to worry.

7. Hey guy, I'm telling you if you want the best brand that works incredibly within minutes get the brand called "Rohto".

8. Doesn't that shit burn like a motherfucker? I might be mistaking it with another brand.

9. Thanks to all the responses, I only smoke once a week anyways, unless it's on weekend. So I guess I don't have anything to worry about.

10. Nah man, Rohto doesn't really burn that bad. At first it might but what it really is, is a "cooling" effect it's supposed to have.

11. I use ROHTO and when i use it, it makes my eyes whiter then they were before i started smoking :).

t stings a little bit a first but then it feels minty cool.

12. im not blind and i use eye drops all the time, ahhh fuck that dude, bullshit

13. Personally, I use the Visine Advanced Relief. Its like 7 bucks for an ounce(wish they sold weed at that price:eek:) at Shop-Rite, and it works great. The original Redness Relief one does not work as well, IMO, because sometimes it doesn't get all the red out. Advanced Relief works every time for me. No stinging either. It makes my eyes whiter than polished ivory:D

14. I think that if OTC eyedrops led to blindness, then you definitely would not be able to get them OTC. They would at least be prescription or not approved at all. I used to use eyedrops alot, but over time my eyes didn't get as red when I smoked so I rarely use them anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.