Cleaning?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Keiferreefer, Apr 25, 2013.

1. What is the best way to clean a glass spoon inside and out

2. that never seems to clean the inside

3. boil it in water for a spoon usally works best or get some iso and a q tip and go at it

4. Put it in a bag and fill it with iso alcohol and salt. Shake. Rinse. Brand fucking new.

5. what he said. but make sure it's 91% stronger is always better :p

6. This is your best bet. Make sure you get 99% Isopropyl.

You can also go to a head shop and get Grunge Off. Its great for glass. Just submerge it and let it sit for a while.

7. please don't boil your pipes unless you want to ruin pots and pans by coating them in resin haha, seen that happen to a few unfortunate fellows who took the advice of people like BudButler.
    Isopropyl alcohol and salt, any kind of salt is fine, I like epsom salt because of its coarser grain, and its RIGHT NEXT TO the iso at Walgreens, so its just too convenient to grap some too lol :smoke: buuut i also use table salt in time of need

occasionally though you will come across a small stain that iso just doesn't seem to get off, even with soaking it. I've heard that "purple degreaser" from like home depot is your best bet for those, but i think that more applies to water pipes and you were talking about a dry piece weren't you?

8. boiling pieces also run the risk of them breaking so i don't do that. you don't know if your pipe was annealed properly or every design on it is melted in all the way, or if there are air bubbles anywhere, etc. So don't boil your pipes.

9. To get resin off of a pot that you boiled a pipe in--alcohol lol.