Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cleaning silicone bongs by freezing?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Shaylz, Oct 20, 2017.

1. So someone said recently that if you stick a wet dirty silicone bong in the freezer for a couple hours, that when you get it out, you can bend and twist it and all the built up crap cracks and falls off, leaving it clean. Just wondering if anyone has actually tried it, and if it works?

• Like Like x 1

2. No idea i only use glass bongs just use iso & salt in your bong if you want to clean it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah I do use iso/salt, in glassy's. I haven't got a silicone one yet, just wanting to know if this claim is valid, does it actually work?

• Like Like x 1

4. I don't have a clue as I've never tried it lol, i wouldn't bother buying a silicone/plastic bong I've smoked one before at a friends it wasn't great

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Don't use iso on silicon, its bad for it.
    The instructions that came with mine said use iso on any metal bits (or metal/glass bits you may add on) and soap and water for the silicon bit- I do mine when I'm doing the dishes. The silicon dosnt get as dirty as a glass one would because its naturally non-stick, I guess that means more dirt is in the water when you throw it away.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. First of all if you have no idea and no experience with a method or in this case a bong. Why would you comment and say..."no idea man cause I only use glass bongs." Thank you for contributing nothing to the conversation.

Secondly.
    I have a twistedlabs bong and I have tried this. It does work fairly well. I wouldn't use iso in it like someone already mentioned. A baby bottle cleaner will also help get in there and get some of that grime loose. Hope this helps. (Pretty confident it will more than that useless comment)

• Like Like x 2

7. I do have experience in cleaning glass bongs because i own 2 lol, I've never fucked with Plastic bongs though

8. Which in this case is useless. No one gets anything out of that other than learning you only use glass bongs. Want some useless information?....I have never used Charmin to wipe my ass so I can't give you any opinions about it, but it's what I'll be doing with yours.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

9. No need to get mad because you don't own glass, chill the fuck out & smoke some herb.

10. Assuming makes an ass out of you. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I tried it with two different brands of silicone bongs. I did what I was told, the first time I left no water in it but had rinsed it out well, and put it in a deep freeze. Nothing came or cracked out. Second time I left a little water in there. Same thing only I couldn't bend it since the quarter inch of water was at the base and frozen solid. Once it melted the was just no chunks of anything but just the water. Maybe the freezer was too cold or maybe I left it in not long enough or too long. It should be easier than this according to the expert stoner I got this advice from.

12. This was the funniest shit. Im also glad im not the only one who was curious. So i stuck mine in the freezer and im about to take it out, its been in there for like 8 hours, i will let you all know how it goes!

13. That was unsatisfying -.- soap and watter it is. It work great on the pipes but doesnt seem to work on the bongs.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Works for me every time man maybe u don’t have enough built up in there or it’s not getting cold enough. You’ll be able to hear and or see it crack in the bong .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Second this^^^^^

I’ve got glass bongs at the house and silicone bongs at the cabin on the ranch.
    My bongs get very used n coated
    Only clean when I get round to it.
    It takes a while to get my silicone dirty enough for ME to clean it out but the freezer method does work with very dirty bongs.
    To be honest
    Freezing takes too long for me ( but works) so I use good ol soap ( all natural Ecover) and hot water.
    Then just rinse before use.
    I love my silbo !!!!

16. Nice one so now your first ever post has been reported for name calling. Why make an account to reply to me name calling Billy? Is it because you're just like the other person & don't have glass so your mad?