Cleaning Resin From Piece

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by FuzzyNug, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Ok I was having trouble finding a topic that is about getting the resin out of your piece and using that resin for smoking.... I was gonna clean my bong bowl/slide so I can get the resin and smoke it ...maybe i'll get high ...and i've kinda had a shitty day with headaches and stuff

2. Wouldn't recommend smoking resin to cure a headache.

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreati...-unique-resin-cleaning-guide-best-way-do.html
    http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/303450-questions-collecting-smoking-resin.html

3. #3 Canada420, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
    if your hurting do it. use the inside of a pen to scrape your tube, if you dont have a screen it should be big chunks of weed in with the resin. Make sure you dry it out before you smoke it. I had to do it yesterday it sucks but it cures the urge a bit. Might not cure your headache but it will get you high. Or another thing i find works good is a pencil crayon use the un sharpend end and force it out. Hopefully this helps.

4. green and headaches mix very well, but resin and headaches do not at all. Believe me i have smoked a lot of resin

5. Depending on how much resin you collect you can get pretty fucked up, but like others have said, it will probably make your headache worse.

That said, every time I've scraped resin out of my pipes, I used a combination of paper clips and the pointy end of a dart. Loosen it up with the paper clips, pry it out with the dart.

6. My Method for collecting resin kindof varies from the typical.
    I suggest that you only scrape your resin from your pipe when its cold, and therefore much less sticky. (when its sticky it can be quite a pain to handle) First I take a paper clip and scrape the inside of the bowl through the carb hole. Just straighten out your paper clip and scrape as much resin off of the sides of the inside of the pipe. Next get a peice of paper or a flat clean surface and gently knock on your bowl with your carb hole facing downwards twoards the paper. This should cause chunks of black resin to fall onto your paper. Depending on how much resin/how long since the last time you scraped you can get quite a good bit of resin this way. After yyou have cleaned the majority out of your pipe, fold the paper and drop the collected bits of resin into your smoking device. (I reccomend smoking resin out of a bong or bubbler to mask the harsh taste as much as possible)

But beware, resin as has been said isnt anywhere near as good as actual bud. Only do this as a last resort.

7. Ah. Well shit I thought just being high was curing my headaches so I thought resin would work to...sorry for wasting your guys' time ...I cleaned out my slide/bowl from my bong and I had resin but I just decided no thanks because If it would make my headache worse then it's not worth it...I'll use some of your guys' techniques to get resin if I need a last resort....thanks though.

8. Smoke resin when you're desperate. If you have the ability to get bud, then get it. But smoking resin often is no good for your lungs.

9. I've never smoked resin...I always had bud if I wanted to get high
    BUT I have no bud right now....and I last month I recently started smoking everyday at least once a day because it makes the WHOLE day feel better and life more meaning full like if you know what I mean...cus Im not sure myself haha

10. I know what you mean lol. If you need to smoke resin, then go right ahead lol I'd never stop anyone from trying to make themselves feel better.

11. i use an exacto knife with the doubble sidded blade. it works wonders!. and to get shit out of the stem of your bowl (if its not GonG) i use a paper clip.

EDIT: granted your cleaning a bong bowl.

12. you sound like you're trying to convince yourself that you need it medically.
    you also sound like you dont need it, and smoke for recreation.

i suggest makiing this a small t break, take a bath and just chill.

13. #13 FuzzyNug, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    I started using marijuana for my headaches that i get probally more than the average person and they hurt like hell but no like pain med or like pain reliver like tynoel has helped them...that is the reason I started smoking...but since then it went probally... 50% medically and 50% recreationally now it's probally 75% recreationally and 25% medically. I don't NEED it but it is a wonderful thing to have...and I don't think I need a T-Break becuase I don't have a tolerance... or whatever it doesn't take much for me to get reallly high. I also just wanted to clean my piece and get resin out of it to maybe chill and smoke. A bath right now sounds good...and I've already gone 1 and a half days without it cus I'm having trouble getting it around here... it's unrealiable and I have to go through like a middleman.