Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cleaning Glass Pipe

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ditch Weed, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Hey guys. I'm new to the community, looking for some good times. So i figured I would start it off with a question.

a few months ago I bought a clear glass pipe and since I have smoked maybe an ounce or two out of it.

I was wondering if there was an easy way to get the pipe spotless clean, but still have the rez oil to smoke.

-Thanks

2. Chreck out the toking tools section. There's a sticky on there that will tell you exactly what to do

3. degreaser , you can buy it at your local super market or dollar store

4. #4 ignila, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2010
    Throw it in a ziplock with iso-propyl rubbing alcohol and salt then shake it. It will look as good as the day you bought it. keeping the resin is another beast... you could try to evaporate the alcohol on a plate over a pot of boiling water (like making qwiso) but yeah i dont know how great that would work out. let us know if you try haha

5. rubbing alcohol & salt, or even let real hot water run through it.

6. IF you wanna smoke that resin which i believe you said you did, pop it in a bag with 99% iso like everyone said and skip the salt cause if you evaporate it with salt...you get salt resin OH YAY. lol no skip the salt let it soakk in that bag for a good hour occasionally shaking vigourously, after its done soaking, and this parts up to you im not taking the blame lol, you can either leave that nasty alcohol resin goop out in the sun to evap, will take a LONG time depending on how much alcohol was needed for the pipe, or (TAKE CAUTION*****) you can do it on a stove. This is my stove method to keep it safe, i put about an inch of water in a pot, then put the jar into the water, lid open, let it simmer, the alcohol should start boiling, but if the jar breaks HAZAA its in water, not all over a fucking super hot stove with flammables. The one trick tho is when it gets down to the end of boil time remove it before its done or it will SMELL LIKE FUCKIN ASS if the resin itself is the only thing left....hope that helps. And fyi i just finished a batch of this and it was fine so GO FOR IT lol

7. I am going to do my best, if I can find some pot I won't need to do it. But because I live in a smaller town it's quite hard to find at the moment.

-Thanks for all the replies