Cleaning A Grinder?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by EastCoastToke, May 14, 2012.

1. What's the secret to keeping the sticky ass buds from literally binding the grinder into one piece because I can't pull them apart >.<

I need a way to clean this or fix this issue, before my new grinder gets fucked up too!

Help fellow blades, por favor..

PS: My new bong works great..:bongin::bongin::bongin:

2. Bath it in ISO.

3. Is ISO a cleaning material, I'm new to cleaning pieces, always use to smoke w/ friends really.

: Shameful moment :

4. Iso alcohol is your friend

5. Mixed with a little salt as if it were a glass piece? Even throw it in a bag, let it soak, and shake it like a glass piece?

6. ISO is alcohol, like rubbing alcohol.. soak your grinder for a while and it should come out good as new

7. Soak in iso.
    Pour dank iso onto surface
    Dry iso.
    Scrape dankness.

8. No salt.

9. Just the alocohol for the grinder? ^

10. If you don't have easy or instant access to Iso, just bring a pot of water to a boil, drop your buster/grinder in and let it boil for a good 5mins or so. When done, wipe clean. It should be good, just make sure it is made out of quality heat resistant material.

Only downside is, it will smell up whatever room you do it in, so if you're trying to keep shit low-key this is not the best method.

11. I did this before with my red one but never wiped it off afterwards like a dumbass, I'll try that again with the red one and ISO the bigger one I have! Thanks again, rep to you..

12. WAIT!!!

What the fuck are you trying to do?

Dissolve bits of weed in your grinder with fucking alcohol????

Wtf just let it build up it will end up as kief in your bottom chamber or just clash it on something and get the extra weed out.

I mean the thought of someone putting alcohol in a grinder to "clean" it is fucking a retarded thought.

13. Dude I handled it correctly, dont worry. I only soaked the top two parts that actually grind. I'm not buying a $40 grinder every week because the bud sticks it together. I collect my kief, take a look at my Stash Jar thread link in my signature.. I got it on wrap.. good looks though! Did it & I rubbed the make up brush on the screen of the grinder instead of soaking it.. this allowed me to knock some extra cloggage through into the kief collect.

14. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Not even a little bit. :rolleyes:

15. Not one tiny bit, that's why I just strugged him off & repped you up, lol.. good looks.

Oh & uhh, just for the record.. the grinder works great.:smoke::smoke:

16. Your litterally saying that sticky bud is breaking your grinders............. And you pay 40 dollars for one of them................

Mean while I pay 10$ for a grinder that doesn't break with sticky bud...

Still have no idea what you are talking about.

Nothing gets left behind after I grind my bud.

17. I'm talking about the part with the teeth just not being able to slide losely together..

I did the alcohol soak, shook the bag, blasted with hot water then qtiped the chunks from off the sides.

Like I said, look at my set up before saying something I'm doing is absolutely fucking retarded.

18. Isopropyl Alcohol, aka rubbing alcohol.

19. Ideally you'd use as close to anhydrous ethanol as possible.. If you are going to use iso because of budget constrains be sure that it does not smell like iso.. There are nasties in there including propene and acetone.. Shit you really don't want to smoke.