Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cleaned my pipe but paranoid of mold?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by onehitwonder38, Dec 18, 2011.

1. So I put two of my glass pipes into a container with rubbing alcohol mixed with water and let it soak overnight (I'm a dumbass and forgot to put salt though). Anywho, when I first dropped them in (after dousing them in just alcohol) they sorta bubbled and green stuff came out.

I tried cleaning them as best as I could and the resin came off super easy, but inside my pipes I can still see it's kinda dirty, and the clear parts of one of my pipes is sorta brownish. How do I better clean the inside? Will it mold after it dries?

I'm just paranoid about the little bits and pieces of weed that may have fallen through at some point/ashes. I've learned my lesson and will start using my screens regularly b/c I'm usually just too lazy to bother with them. I was thinking of microwaving them for like 3 minutes to zap anything that could be alive or trying to grow.

2. Dude thats just the resin. You really don't need salt anyway if you leave it overnight. Just rinse it heavily with water. The alcohol will evaporate. Pretty sure mold can't even grow on glass

3. if you smoke it you will probably die. sorry man.

4. shake that shit

5. It's not mold.

Drop your pipe in a ziploc bag, fill with isoproply alcohol until the pipe is covered, add salt for your abrasive, seal the bag, and dance vigorously to a crunchy tune for a few minutes to shake up your mixture.

Repeat as necessary (replace alcohol and salt when liquid in bag becomes opaque black).

Be sure to rinse your pipe out completely three times after washing with alcohol. If you're worried about water staying inside it, just plug the carb and blow while your piece is empty.

6. hahahah, cleaning the pipes:laughing: