clean sand...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Machine, May 12, 2007.

1. alright somewhere someone said to mix in sand with soil for drainage, they said to use masonry sand, now the question i have is... i have masonry sand but its been sitting outside for i dunno how long would it still be ok to use this? its been getting hose run off as well as cats pissing in it or something but since its been there iw as wondering if i could use it as is or if there is some way of flushing the sand and cleaning it?

EDIT: im not sure if cats have been pissing in it but thats been my experience with outside cats, they find sand they do their business lol. thats worst case since i dunno what the sand has been through.

2. Ok. If playing with sand that some cats been pissin and shittin in all day is your thing then please tell me losing plants to parasites isn't? :p I'm not sure if its the same with soil but I wouldn't risk it dude, just go buy the smallest bag of masonry sand you can get your hands on. Fuck, go to home depot, cut a hole in one of the bags and fill up a small ziplock bag, do what ya gotta do cuddy, but my advise would be just buy some new sand.

3. You can buy a giant bag of sand for like two bucks.

4. HAHA. well thats y im askin if theres a way to flush it, i wasnt just gonna go use it heh.

5. i aint got no money or a ride atm lol so i was just wondering.