Claw leaf help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ScallyWag., Mar 21, 2012.

1. drop tester, i try to get about 6.6 best i can wit distiled water most r doin good 1 is hurtin

2. drop tester was 5 buks 250 uses, pen here is 70 buks for water

3. u gota get that down, get some water add like 1 tspn vinegarper 2 litre of tap water wich here comes at like 7 7.5 that gets my shit down a digit

4. So your saying that would get it down to 7?

5. I would suggest getting a better digital PH tester to test the water run off. Cheap soil PH testers arent know for being accurate. When I first started out I tried a $20.00 one and it rarely moved off of 6.8 then after getting a decent digital tester it turned out my PH run off was closer to 7.2. Hanna and BlueLab make really good PH testers, they cost a little more but its an investment that is worth it. I would get some better soil and a good digital meter, some PH Up & Down solutions and some calibration solution for the PH meter.

6. gets it down about 1.0 but u gota kno were ur waters already at id go grab the water ph drop kit atleast its nice n cheap

7. Thanks for the advice.. Im going to be getting some ph up and down tommorow and ill see if i can find a good ph tester that i can afford tommorow.

8. My bad meant to reply to Cody. But I did try that same soil for seedlings and when they got old enough for nutes were already showing PH problems. I normaly use Light Warrior for seedlings and never had PH problems like that before. My opinion is that Black Gold isnt just that well PH balanced. He had high PH reading and I had low.

9. Picking it up tommorow.. So all i do with it is mix the solution till i get the ph i want.. than add it to a gallon? Sorry im a noob

10. or sumthin beter like tplat is saying if u got the money

11. u put water in vile add 3 drops then u chek color on chart provided compare to sample now u kno ur water ph so if its 7 n ur soils 7.5 lower the water ph to 6.5(example) to lower soil ph adjust as u c fit

12. Sorry just read this.. My friend told me it would be good.. But im very dissapointed with it.. Deffinatley not good to grow in.. At least not cannabis. Going to grab a bag of FF OF tommorow. So i shouldnt have to use nutes or anything for a week into OF?

13. I also tried one of those drop testers but found that when testing the run off it can discolor the run off making it harder to compare to the little color chart that come with them. I finaly decided to splurge and got me a BlueLab Combo Meter. Most people dont want to spend that much but I have no regrets. I get PH run off reading withing seconds and for when I switch over to bubble buckets I have a meter ready for hydro. It was pricey though, $225.00. It only needs calibrated once a month and has the longest warranty for digital PH meters at 5 years on the main unit standard 6 month warranty on the glass probe but my probe is over a year old and still gives accurate readings.

14. Ocean Forest has nutes in it that are good for about 2 weeks or so. But after that your going to need to get some nutes I would also suggest picking up a bottle of Superthrive for when you transplant. Its good to use when watering after transplanting to help reduce plant stress. You can use as little as a few drops to 1 millileter or more per gallon, I use 1 millileter per gallon.

15. ya sux for testing run off but its cheap n beter then nothing right

16. Shitty thing is all my plants have been transplanted like 2 times.. becouse they were in too big of pots.. Hope they dont end up being herms

17. be gentle thats all u can do

18. Yeah its better then nothing and atleast it gives you an idea of what your PH run off is. One advantage to a digital PH tester is that once you get some experience you can learn to let your PH swing a little bit towards the higher end of the PH scale one week and down to the lower end the next week with better controll. At the higher end of the PH scale your plants will absorb certain nutes better and vice versa at the lower end.

19. Thats interesting. So how often do you adjust the ph?

20. Alot of growers start their plants off in one pot from begining to end. I start in Dixie cups next to the microwave then transplant to 1 liter Super Root Air pots for a while then the last transplant is into 4 gallon Super Root Air pots.