Classic Southern Ontario Grow (sativa)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Bond, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Here we go boys!!! Let’s begin!
    I started my feminized seeds.
    Medium is:
    1/2 vermiculite
    1/2 peat moss

$20 White LED light (2100 lumens)
    Start em inside and when big enough we will throw them in the ground!!!!

Only way to do it right here!
    Our weather has been still cold, rainy and hell windy so these babes will be in the ground in MAY.

Strains:
    Critical (%75 sativa) fast version
    Skunk no.1 (%80 sativa)
    Durban (%100 sativa!!!!!!)

Germinating temp 18-24deg
    My temp was 19degrees Celsius
    Popped in 3 days!!! Fast version popped in 2. (Warmth from LED light helped temp)
    Roughly 1ft away from lights.[​IMG]

Keep the dirt moist and cover with ziploc bags.
    Turn off the lights for a good 10 hours after 24-48 hours and then when you turn them on again your seeds will reach extra fast and pop out of the dirt quick!!!

3 days they will pop!!!

Use beer flats to increase the height towards the light, unless you have your light on chains or whatever the fuck.
    [​IMG]
    Now remove the moisture containing bags and move the light as close as possible.
    If you don’t your stalks will be too long and you will have to put a wooden skewer in the dirt to hold them up.

If you are doing this with an open window and sunlight you will need a support stick once they start to grow.
    They will be reaching so hard for the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. You've got the weather right. Rain alray again today. Can't get in the damn garden to prep the ground for the veggies or smoke. All in all still early though for us.

Good luck mate.

3. Hey subbing in for this journal. I’m south Ontario as well and will be kicking off my journal in a bit. Here’s to a bountiful harvest

4. Welcome to Grasscity @Bond, Ill be watchin from Southeastern Ontario!

Sent from my screen to yours!

5. The 4th seed never popped!!!!
    So I planted 3 more seeds and...

None of them popped! So this is a indoor sprouting issue will never get to the bottoms of it. Here they are now still weak! [​IMG]

The most precious seed “Durban” in the middle did not like the root booster at all!!! Almost want to
    Cut off the brown leaves, it did not like getting fed!
    The farthest right strain has weird photosynthesis going on with the bottoms leaves.
    [​IMG]

The far left plant is perfect.
    Big eye opening when it comes to how different strains reacted differently.

The red stem indicates bad temperature control which is true for the Durban seed.

Here is the SKUNK no.1 seed
    [​IMG]just amazing

6. Learned that:
    Only start seeds with pure water, nothin fancy.

Never add root booster or anything to help stubborn seeds! (Vitamin b1 or seed soak shit) fuck that go strait up and use what you know worked the first time.

The seeds that sprouted, started with tap water from a WELL.

Once in tried other seeds with additives they did not even break dirt!!!!

7. Here they are outside in the ground. Stalks already super strong. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Lookin decent buddy let us get some consistently sunny weather to make these take off!