Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Clarification With The Safety Of Cheap Bongs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by APX, Nov 23, 2011.

1. ill go try hotwater with my cheap ass 14$ bong in a sec

im sure it will be most unenjoyable, but i'll let you know. I'll also hold my hit in longer. I usually blow it out in like 2 seconds.

2. [quote name='"PriMo XVII"']ill go try hotwater with my cheap ass 14$ bong in a sec

im sure it will be most unenjoyable, but i'll let you know. I'll also hold my hit in longer. I usually blow it out in like 2 seconds.[/quote]

Well, the amount of THC you absorb is exponentially smaller.

If you will settle for 2 seconds, go for it. It is certainly safer per volume.

It can actually be enjoyable, but not as enjoyable as ice by any standards.

Point is... Don't 0 hits, it does nothing, and is just stupid.

3. you really got waaay to caught up in trying to sound science-y in your first post haha, i like this revised version much better

4. Speaking as one who suffers from chronic pneumonia, i vaporize eat or drink 80% of my herb.
    I do enjoy a good bong rip though.
    However
    This doesn't really appeal to me as i already have a problem with too much fluid in my lungs as it is.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems, well, not very healthy.

I am still going to try it though.
    What is that saying about cats and curiosity ? Hope i still have some of them 9 lives left. I lost count.

Puff Puff Pass

5. [quote name='"MrWeeds"']Speaking as one who suffers from chronic pneumonia, i vaporize eat or drink 80% of my herb.
    I do enjoy a good bong rip though.
    However
    This doesn't really appeal to me as i already have a problem with too much fluid in my lungs as it is.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems, well, not very healthy.

I am still going to try it though.
    What is that saying about cats and curiosity ? Hope i still have some of them 9 lives left. I lost count.

Puff Puff Pass[/quote]

You have to hold about 1 second and expand/contract it in your mouth. Vaporizing and eating is still the best way to go, but I understand the need for a bong rip. But if you only rip occasionally, and this will make it less pleasurable then vaping, then why bother?

6. [quote name='"APX"']

You have to hold about 1 second and expand/contract it in your mouth. Vaporizing and eating is still the best way to go, but I understand the need for a bong rip. But if you only rip occasionally, and this will make it less pleasurable then vaping, then why bother?[/quote]

Curiosity.

I did try it. With tap water at its hottest. And although i prefer room temp water over hot or cold, i must say that i am partial to hot vs cold too. I didn't hack, got super stoned. (held for 3 or 4 secs)
    With cold water my lungs don't like the expansion of smoke. And the following episode of Hack, cough, hack, somtimes followed by mini pukes is never fun.

Again, i am unsure of actual healthiness of it, but i think it may be beneficial now.
    Research time.

7. What rhymes with warm...?

8. I put very hot water in my ash catcher, and cold water with ice in my bong. That way the steam doen't bother me whilst ripping le bong :bongin:

9. Storm? I think dude is just blasted.

10. at least the OP was formatted nicely. better than a large block of nonsense :bongin:

11. [quote name='"Caty"']

What rhymes with warm...?[/quote]

Dorm? Not a verb though lol idk

12. [quote name='"Dvorak"']

Storm? I think dude is just blasted.[/quote]

Well, how is a storm good for you? :)

13. I mean, first of all you're saying THC is absorbed within 4 seconds which I'm not sure where you even pulled that from, I tend to be of the opinion that most of it is absorbed within the first second if not quicker, but regardless I'm not even sure what you're going on about whether or not warm water is more effective at filtering is not going to have any real impact whatsoever. People are aware smoking isn't the healthiest thing in the world, but we're also well aware that nothing seems to come from smoking weed so who cares?

Science is cool, but you need to think in terms of real world impact.

14. To sober to understand..

15. [quote name='"LochnessToker"']I mean, first of all you're saying THC is absorbed within 4 seconds which I'm not sure where you even pulled that from, I tend to be of the opinion that most of it is absorbed within the first second if not quicker, but regardless I'm not even sure what you're going on about whether or not warm water is more effective at filtering is not going to have any real impact whatsoever. People are aware smoking isn't the healthiest thing in the world, but we're also well aware that nothing seems to come from smoking weed so who cares?

Science is cool, but you need to think in terms of real world impact.[/quote]

The warm water does make it healthier, it's simple. The way a bong rip is healthier then a pipe is because there are less carcinogens. This is helped by keeping the weed warm, and allowing it to be filtered.

Hence why warm water is used to clean dishes. The steam adds even more filtration in the air, it's like having more water in the bong.

I believe it takes ~4 seconds for all the smoke to make contact with your lungs, although the THC in contact is absorbed immediately.

16. Cold cools it down to make it easier on your lungs and 99% of thc is absorbed in the first second in your lungs

17. [quote name='"christheblack20"']Cold cools it down to make it easier on your lungs and 99% of thc is absorbed in the first second in your lungs[/quote]

Ah, cool for the second part.

The first part is utter bs though- just cause it feels nicer at first doesn't mean that it's better for you.

18. [quote name='"APX"']

Ah, cool for the second part.

The first part is utter bs though- just cause it feels nicer at first doesn't mean that it's better for you.[/quote]

You mean smoking crack isn't good for you? Fuck.

19. [quote name='"stoneheir"']

You mean smoking crack isn't good for you? Fuck.[/quote]

I know, I just figured that out aswell!