Clarification on Posting GC's Competitors

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Deceased Puppy, Apr 13, 2011.

1. I just want a clarification on the rule about posting/advertising links to competitors. When I first joined it almost seemed as if no one would even mention the competitors names. Kinda like on bodybuilding.com forums, everyone has code words for the competitors (IE nutraplanet.com = another planet, getrippednutrition = GRN, GNC = "3 letter word we shall not speak of"). It seemed like people were only posting ALT or BM, instead the full names even and then asking for PM's to the links.

Now I see a link to ALT all the time. No other sites like Kultr or Shiva. I understand the wording of the rule itself it seems to only prohibit links being posted. That won't prohibit us from talking directly about prices and deals we find on other sites when someone asks for help choosing their next piece, will it? As long as we don't link it right?

And based on the wording there is no need to only speak of competitors using acronyms (ALT, BM, EDIT), because I know that confuses some people, and then they always ask for links.

Don't make the assumption I'm trying to get around the rules. I'm just trying to get these clarified so I'm not getting myself in trouble, because I have been posting links to ALT for people that are looking into high-end glassware. But lately it seems I've seen a few people complaining about it in only a couple of threads.

Anyways can someone tell me what's up?

2. im not sure myself but i think you can be like yeah i got these seeds from attitude seed bank but NOT start a thread linking the site and praising the shit out of it...

3. Well I know there is a huge difference between advertising and simply posting a link to something that someone wanted. But the rule clarifies no links to competitors. They don't even wanna see links in the replies to threads.

But if someone is looking for a MGW Stemless Showercap, are we allowed to tell them to go look at the MGW showercaps at AquaLabTechnoligies, as well as list the price?

Now that I've read the rule and I'm fully aware of it I will stop posting links, but I'd like to be able to help people find what they want without having to PM every link.