cigarettes!

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by huntr, May 4, 2012.

1. #1 huntr, May 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012
    ok so ive been working out for 4 years and wondering if smoking after working out at the gym has no effect towards your health? i started last week, also i smoke half of one cigarette and little bit of beer! i dont do it very often,i do it once in a while, so can it effect in anyway?

does anyone smoke after workouts?

thnks :smoke:

2. It does affect your health. Even a small amount if it.

3. Don't smoke at all.
    You're practically paying for a shorter, more miserable life.

It won't affect your muscle work outs as much, but if you're doing any cardio you can pretty much say goodbye.

Stay away from cigarettes! Ask anyone who has quit or is trying to quit. Not the kinda habit you want to get into.

4. Dude dont do it, Right now I am trying to quit, I have been smoking for atleast fuck 9 years now. You will regret the day you started forever trust me. It is so hard to quit, Just not worth it. I mean if your not already addicted why try it in the first place?

It aint cool, non of the health problems that come along with it are cool, The cost deffinently not cool. Not to be a ass but why are you smoking, Even a little bit?

5. doesn't taste nice, doesn't get you stoned, doesn't smell good, fucks my cardio workouts, fucks my sport in general, fucks my breath.

dont see the appeal of bacci tbh, wacky tobacky on the other hand...

6. actually, there is some scientific evidence. smoking is beneficial to working out/ cardio. because it keeps your heart rate up. thats about it.

7. Everyone's got their vices man, I doubt it's helping, but I also doubt it's hurting very much. I really don't think smoking a few cigarettes a week isn't even that big of a deal.

But, I probably don't know what the hell I'm talking about, so you might want to take that in to consideration too.

8. A little bit at a time eventually adds to a lot.

I've only smoked cigarettes if I'm beyond blackout drunk, and no other time.

It may not have a big effect on you early on, but after a while you'll start to feel the shortness of breath, the tightness in your chest and the lack of motivation to do cardio exercises.

Hell, I've probably smoked about 2 packs worth of cigs in my entire life and I'm feeling the effects now. Quit now while you're able to, cause eventually your health will fall out of sync with your life.

9. It barely effects me in my workouts. I smoke about 2 packs a week. I don't do cardio besides basketball and I can still ball good. So I would say of you're already fit it doesn't make much a difference.

10. Wow!didnt really knew that! Screw that!

well does anyone knows the comparison between weed and cig,well pretty much my question is ,that is weed?safer?for cardio?

I think I lost my fat muscle from smoking to much cronic,but I think i have the body turn into arnold somehow!:p

11. Man honestly if you're just lifting weights and not cardio smoke all you want. Just eat and lift and you'll grow. Your lungs might be black as fuck but it's still possible.

Haha I'm drunk though.

But I do smoke about a pack a day now and still work out. And drink quite a bit.

12. So are you asking us if smoking a carcinogenic substance is bad for your health?

13. Im afraid it does ive been smoking only for year now and i try to keep healthy but cigarettes is holding me back but i dont want to stop :/.

14. I mean, of course it can affect you. Just because you work out doesn't mean your lungs will clean themselves faster. Your lungs detox themselves without your physical help.

I smoke after I work out but shit, I do it because I'm addicted, not because I think it's safer after I work out.

15. Yeah fuck em i used to smoke but i quit its hard as fuck, ill still bum a cig once in a blue moon tho

16. man......cigarettes.....started smoking them when I was 15, spending lunch money on ciggs. Now I'm 19 still smoking, I notice a huge difference in my breathing...not cool..

every time I try to quit I always find myself coming back.

17. I love my Marlboro smooth's!

18. I've been smoking cigs for a while now and after many hallucinations/sober realizations that I hate these stupid things, I continue my bad habit. One of my road blocks to quitting is the fact that my friends and family smoke. I really need a trick or method to putting this behind me. Anybody got any tips?

19. Nah cigs are wack haha, every once in awhile I will have one with friends or something

20. Fuck the cigs dude. 4 years, and I hate it.