Cigarette Addiction

Discussion in 'General' started by RobbeB3, Dec 26, 2012.

1. ...still better than a nasty ass cigerette.

2. #42 Tastytrichomes, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
    it's astounding how people today start smoking on the regular without any concept of potential addiction. once you're in too deep, you're fighting a tough battle all for your efforts towards social acceptance. besides, you also become a slave to the power of large corporations who clearly don't give a fuck about your health. the medical industry even wants you to smoke, as harsh as that may sound. without long-term smokers, not nearly as many people would be in the hospital (mostly at old age in which there is profit based on the sick and dying)

3. #43 Cruizer, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    Are you retarded? How can anyone possibly ever come to that conclusion?

I heard a lecture from a Doctor in... Mississippi I believe who said that even if the number of Doctors being trained today went up by 30%, the time it would take for the numbers of REAL Doctors in hospitals would take 10 years.

You're telling me that these people want more unnecessarily sick people? Not everything is a complete for-profit game. In the 1990s they passed a law which said Residents couldn't work for more than 80 hours a week, creating huge shortfall in employees and rising costs due to more staff needing to be hired.

Since most HMOs are Government subsidized it would seem logical to me that they would want to reduce smoking (at least in hospitals) in order to make sure their tax money wasn't being wasted on people without willpower who can't give up a bad habit.

But no, let's all jump to the conclusion that it must be an insidious ploy in order to steal your money while 'they' wreck your health. God forbid people in this thread give it up in order to stop them, rather than complaining and wringing their wrists for the cruel turn of fate that they decided to start smoking.

4. Yeah healthcare is cray bank for govt man.

5. That's how everyone starts! I remember when I was smoking 2 of the things a day, but it ended up getting the best of me! Right now I smoke 1/2-1 pack a day, and it's a worse pain on my wallet than my herb habit. And if I could quit that'd be that much more money to spend on the herb, but I can't put the damn things down. Quit now while you can buddy! I can understand the occasional smoke while your drunk but still kill the goddamn habit. You'll thank yourself 4 years down the road when you aren't spending $30/week on fucking cigarettes!

6. You don't know that. The ability to audit a bank is definitely possible but for you to just say 'they make heaps of money' is completely untrue. I don't know, you don't know, stop jumping to conclusions based on absolutely nothing other than your 'esteemed' stoner intuition.

7. Your stoner intuition must be more esteemed

8. Appreciate the absolutely pointless post. Thanks for providing 0 help

9. smoking is just...the best

10. Well for starters I didn't make any assumptions without basing them on solid evidence. He made a wild assertion in a single sentence. So I didn't need to use intuition, I used logic.