Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

church

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hieroglyph, May 11, 2010.

1. i have, made it go by fast

2. DON'T TELL ME HOW TO FOLLOW THE RULES, SONNY BOY! I don't that being high is considered being drunk! The good herb was a gift from God to us, and there are bible verses that prove this very fact!

Genesis 1:29-30 \t\t\t\t\t\t- And God said... I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. ..And to every beast of the earth.. I have given every green herb for meat...
    \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t
    Psalms 104:14 \t\t\t\t\t\t- He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man.

1 Timothy 4:1-4
    4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
    4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
    4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
    4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

The Bible speaks for itself. It clearly says that God created marijuana for our use and says terrible things about those who seek to command abstinence or advocate abstaining from plants which God has created. Criminal sanctions command abstinence and are extreme examples of advocating abstinence.

Look, don't judge me because I smoke weed and am a christian. I am a firm believer that God has given man cannabis as a gift, and that gift should be used in thanksgiving! You're an asshole, man! neg rep!!

3. Of course you don't consider being high being drunk, who does? I said drunkeness is a word used to describe intoxication of during that time. Intoxication is being high, being high is intoxication.

Where in the hell does it clearly say god created marijuana for your use? There are thousands of things on this Earth that are created naturally and can harm or kill you, maybe we should ingest/smoke/drink that, since it says to use everything that God offers on Earth. You're merely interpreting verses the way you want to hear them.

Never judged you, just replied to your post with some Bible verses.

4. How lame would that be..

5. hey arnack if everything the government made illegal you had to
    abstain from then in some countries such as china and vietnam
    christians wouldn't be allowed to worship god while being good christians and
    following that command
    however if they kept the sabbath day holy they'd be breaking god's other command

everything is open to interpretation

thats just what I got from your point

6. Weed used to be used in religious/spiritual "services" back in the day! I think what matters for your situation is how you behave high. If you can act cool and people don't really notice then good. Also, there are usually snacks after!

7. Wow. As a Christian let me show you how wrong this is.

First, it's also ridiculously clear in the Bible that we are to sacrifice bulls and that you can't touch a woman when she menstruates, that those working on the sabbath be killed, etc.

Second, translations are faulty. It's so easy to translate in different ways, especially if the material can't be completely understood. It's impossible to fully know exactly what the Bible means. Also, times change and we have to apply the messages of the Bible to modern day situations...things change.

Also, no one is perfect. And if marijuana is considered intoxication what are common meds given by doctors for pain, adhd, etc considered? Most of them are way worse the pot.

At any rate, Christianity isn't about rules but a relationship with God. (At least in my opinion.)

8. It's not illegal in China or Vietnam to be Christian.

I was simply supplying Bible verses which explain that intoxication is a sin. I'm not here to argue for the Bible, merely to explain fact. You've yet to prove 'how wrong' I am.

9. sober means "not drunk"

10. Even high it would still be boring.

11. Just because the word can mean intoxication doesn't mean it's against weed. When they used that word, they were strictly speaking about DRUNKENNESS, hence the translation. Being high is a MUCH less intense state of intoxication than being drunk, so stop being so sure that it's against the bible.

Also, for christians who believe pot is OK, what do you think about shrooms and peyote? Would be very hypocritical if you thought pot was OK but not those things.

12. i did it a couple times..it definantly made that hour go by faster and it was pretty interesting you should try it.

13. Im not sure what to think about those. Ive been doing some research because Im thinking about trying shrooms but the fact that you have no control and are totally susceptible to it kind of worries me. Its definately more of a high than weed, ya know. Im not sure though, most Christians dismiss the idea immediately. I would like to talk to a fellow Christian that has experienced psychadelics for himself. but as of now, Im not really feeling a peace about it...

14. You're not completely out of control when you take shrooms. Or at least I wasn't. I don't think I took a huge dose, though, but very few drugs make you have no control, and I don't think shrooms are one of them. Salvia is definitely one of them.

Psychedelics are a wonderful thing. And hey, it's all natural, and that's the christian argument for pot, right? God made it, it must be ok.

15. I think for whether Christians think other drugs like shrooms are okay... Why not? It's no one's job to judge if they don't think it's okay too. I think Christians face the same question as anyone else does about drugs and that's will it harm their and others' lives or not?

16. Yeah youre probably right, concerning shrooms anyway.
    have you ever done any other psychadelics (natural), specifically more powerful ones like dmt or peyote? I think I was moreso describing the effects of those. And you will probably think this is crazy, but Im worried about potential spiritual/demonic attacks or influence that could effect me while under the influence. It seems like it surpasses the drunken state, seeing that you are much more "out of it" with those than you are with a heavy amount of alcohol. But again, Ive never tried dmt or peyote (or any psychedelic for that matter) so I cant really say...

17. Unfortunately i've never had the pleasure of doing dmt or peyote :( Even peyote you won't be completely out of control. DMT you will be completely out of control, though.

I can guarantee you won't have any spiritual attacks while on shrooms or peyote. On DMT all kinda of crazy shit happens, so I can't really comment, but not on peyote or shrooms.

18. Did you read my posts? In that era, intoxication was not only meant to describe being drunk, but means the mind being altered in anyway. It's just obvious that god would be against intoxicants like marijuana, I don't understand why some Christians don't understand that. Maybe you should go to a Christian forum and see what people think.

19. You don't know that they were referring to all forms of intoxication. That is your ASSUMPTION. It's not translated as intoxicated, because it's understood by most scholars to be referring to drunkenness.

It's not OBVIOUS that god would be against marijuana, or noone would be here claiming that he's OK with it. You're just being closed minded and arrogant. Why the fuck are you even in this conversation if you're going to tell people that their religious beliefs are "obviously" wrong? Noone really gives a shit what you think, and you shouldn't give a shit what they think, so back off.

20. last time i went to church was with my grandma as a little lad.