Church of Satan?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Agent 86, Jan 10, 2011.

1. I find it really strange I've never really read into the whole church. The more I read and listen to interview the more I start to associate myself with their beliefs as well. I'm very very new to the whole thing but I have to tell you, this makes so much more sense then what my parents tried to force upon me.

As a lot of other people I always thought the Church of Satan was a group of people wearing these dark clothes chanting weird spells and what not.....turns out it has nothing to do with that. I think the biggest part of the organization I like is the fact they see this life as here and now, cease the moment type thing and not put up this act now in hopes of dying and going to this magical place. I'm still undecided about what happens after death but it's not hard for me to think once it's over its.....well, over.

Anybody know more information on the organization? As I said before I don't know to much about them just some of the things I've read and listened to by some members interviews.

I will end this with one thing I really like about them.....you have to be 18 or older. Seems like a good idea.....gives you the chance to decide for yourself and not be force fed anything.

2. personally i think the whole church of satan thing is kinda childish and sensational, but i still found it very interesting to read about.

3. I do not like their name due to the blatant controversy and tabloid appeal that it spurs. Agree with above poster, very childish.

4. That's the thing though. They CLEARLY stand against what your typical religion would teach you. If you read why they chose the name it was because of what Satan means in Hebrew. Clearly anti almost every religion especially Christianity. A debate on if the name is childish is irrelevant to me because I see a lot of what other religious organizations stand for as childish.

The thing that get's me is almost every religion is selfish but they will not admit it. If they weren't promised this after life and yada yada nobody would be going to the churches and "living" how they do. Although that spawns another debate because a lot of people in fact GO to church but live their life completely different than how they should based off their religious beliefs.

5. I'll pass on this.

I'm a christian but I admit I don't live the way I should. The thought of hell really scares me and if it's enough to scare you then why not at least attempt to go to heaven? If it's what you believe.

But we all have opinions so flame away.

6. How many people are going to read it aside from going on a tangent about how the name is Satan... Probably 32 out of the million that are going to hear about it.

7. I guess if you want to know what they're about, they have info on their site

Church of Satan: The Official Web Site

"Theory-practice"

8. there is supposedly a big one in nyc, That's where the church moved to i guess, I know the origins are from san francisco