Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chronic smoker, Drug Test in a month or more, stopped smoking 4/8. Can I pass? Details inside.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by imadogbro, Apr 22, 2018.

1. ANY ADVICE
    OR SIMILAR EXPERIENCE

IS GREATLY GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Details: Been smoking for about 5 years, heavily at first and less so around 2-3 years ago. I went from smoking about 3+ shared blunts (good quality "dro" for the most part) a day with roomies to about 1/2 blunt (around 0.5 or less grams) a day, or maybe one full blunt a day, by myself for the past few years

I'm 5'3 woman, somewhere in 130-140lbs, probably 136-8. Been a while since I've been on the scale.
    I don't work out but have a fast metabolism and athletic body type (have significant arm and leg muscles for a woman who doesn't lift or squat lol). I've been drinking lots of water and have been trying to work out but have a tight schedule and recently fell ill with a fever, so haven't been working out much.

Job: I start my new job around the 15th of the next month, and they've made no mention of a test (hence the "month OR MORE". Think I could pass if they gave me one on the first day? Hopefully a pee test.

Thank you very much for reading. <3<3<3
    Happy holidays! ;P

2. Unfortunately everyone’s body is different so no one can tell you for sure if u will pass or not some people who smoke heavy still test positive 90+ days after not smoking.
    I’d buy a few test and test yourself as weeks go on just to give yourself piece of mind, there sold at target and walmart. Or If you have access to clean pee and UA isn’t supervised ya may take that route.

3. Thanks for the advice!! I'm kinda strapped for cash and it won't really change my results anyway, so I'm really just looking for similar experiences. Hopefully someone with a similar background and experience just to see what the trend is. :( There's nothing I can do but try my best anyway.

Thank you very much for your response!

4. If they do test you, do NOT immediately get high that night! If the test comes back "inconclusive", they may ask for a re-test! :eek2:

And if you do fail (and you haven't been toking), you can demand a retest using this article and likely pass with your extra week or so of abstinence!

“CDC Guideline Urge Doctors Not to Test For Marijuana (news – 2016) CDC Guidelines Urge Doctors Not to Test for Marijuana

“One study found that 21% of POC tests for marijuana produced a false positive result. The test was also wrong 21% of the time when marijuana is not detected in a urine sample.” (POC test = “point-of care” test- the kind widely used in doctor’s offices)

Take a multi-mineral or a zinc tablet every day. Take zinc with a meal - it can upset stomachs.Zinc reduces the risk of a positive for at least 2 types of drug tests.

Zinc Reduces the Detection of Cocaine, Methamphetamine, and THC by ELISA Urine Testing. (We need 8 to 11 mg of zinc daily; over 40 mg/day can cause nausea and zinc poisoning. :sick:) (full – 2011) Zinc Reduces the Detection of Cocaine, Methamphetamine, and THC by ELISA Urine Testing | Journal of Analytical Toxicology | Oxford Academic

Elevated urine zinc concentration reduces the detection of methamphetamine, cocaine, THC and opiates in urine by EMIT. (full – 2013)
    Elevated Urine Zinc Concentration Reduces the Detection of Methamphetamine, Cocaine, THC and Opiates in Urine by EMIT | Journal of Analytical Toxicology | Oxford Academic

Be "lazy" for two or three days before the test.:coffee:

One Toke, Many Hits: Exercise Could Trigger Additional High for Marijuana Users (news – 2013)
    One Toke, Many Hits: Exercise Could Trigger Additional High for Marijuana Users | TIME.com

Eat some fatty foods the night before your test. You don't want to give your body any excuse to burn fat and release those THC metabolites. :popcorn:

If you plan to dilute your sample by drinking a lot of water, make sure you don't over do it. Have some chicken soup or a sports drink to keep your electrolytes up! People have died from drinking too much plain water. As far as I can tell, most of the commercial "clean your urine" products are rip-offs. There may be exceptions, but they mostly work by dilution, just like water would.

When it comes to the test, do NOT give them your first urine of the day. You should urinate a few times before you get tested.

"B" vitamins will "color up" your urine so it doesn't look diluted, but too much will turn your urine BRIGHT DAYGLO YELLOW and tip off the tester. Just take your normal multi vitamin before you go to bed.

And when you give your sample, urinate a little, take your sample, then finish up. This will give the least amount of metabolites in your urine.

Also, to be on the safe side, just in case they do an oral swab test, practice excellent oral hygiene the night before and that morning. Brush your whole mouth- teeth, gums and inside your cheeks, floss, use an anti-tartar or high alcohol mouthwash, and repeat. Drinking a soda may also help you pass an oral test.

Hope that helps.

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Are foods such as junk food good to eat the day of and the day before? Should I start getting as many electrolytes as possible now??

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE TIPS!!

6. You shouldn't be eating junk food! There are plenty of healthy fats! Avocados, fatty fish like salmon (wild caught!) or tuna in oil, nuts, cheese, peanut butter, put an oil and vinegar dressing on your salad, full fat yogurt, etc. You just have to make sure your have gotten your recommended number of calories (usually around 2000 c. for a woman) and a bit more. You don't need to overdo it to the max.

And electolytes are about balance, too much is almost as bad as too little. They won't be testing for them, but too little can cause even a healthy young adult have a fatal heart attack, brain swelling, or seizures, which is why I talked about it. Woman dies after water-drinking contest
    So don't chug down a gallon or two of water! Get your recommended 8 glasses of water and drink a few more of soup or sports drinks.

Granny

7. Well, you know, will the junk food work though? :p Or will it make it worse? It'll be easier to get those calories up.
    I do need to get more electrolytes, I've been drinking a lot of water and I definitely feel dehydrated.

8. Also, I'm paying my way through college and eating healthy food isn't as easy as some might make it seem. It's expensive and goes quickly.

9. Anyone have a similar experience and live to tell the tale?

10. Junk food will work. :cool:

But I ask you, would you put low-grade gas and oil in a good car?

Don't do the same sort of thing to your body! You can always buy another car, but buying a new body ain't going to happen!

Granny

11. That’s very thoughtful of you, and I do try to eat as healthily as possible. :)

12. #13 Bravedave, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Daily smoker of quality bud here. 230 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal. (low body fat). Took 21 days before the test kits had me testing negative. Pretty easy to substitute in any case..if you are still testing hot.

13. Thank you! I’m trying to avoid using substitute in case I’m unable to for whatever reason. I’m going to do a self test a few days before and if I’m still testing positive, I’ll substitute. In the meantime, I want to know what my chances are or if anyone has a similar story they can share.

Thanks for the perspective!

14. So it seems, per your experience, my chances are pretty good since I’ll have been clean for 1 month and 1 week exactly.

15. My concern is that, while I’m in BMI, it’s not all muscle, I’m definitely carrying fat in the gut and other areas. Really weak core, but my arms and legs are really muscular. How? I don’t know lol